don't click here

What happened to Rock and Crush 40 in Sonic games?

JPC

Green Hill Zone
Dec 3, 2019
Lately. Sonic games no longer have that rock/metal music that was so characteristic of the franchise since Sonic Adventure. And therefore no longer have those vocal themes composed by the band Crush 40.

Now it's all orchestral, electronic and drum 'n' bass music. And that kind of music doesn't fit Sonic, especially the orchestral music that seems to be taken from some RPG.

They should know that Sonic is a character with the attitude and personality of a rockstar. And as every rockstar character, this one should have rock music in the background.

Even if he transforms into Werehog he should have Heavy Metal music in the background. Since his design is very metal.

Tell me, what happened to rock and what happened to Crush 40 in the blue hedgehog franchise?

Lightnik

Certified Sonic Maniac
Apr 27, 2021
an ancient past
It is simply because of the artistic direction of the games. I just can't imagine Sonic Lost World with rock and metal songs and also the last game that Crush 40 worked on was also the last released game of the franchise Team Sonic Racing where they compose the main theme of the game Green Light Ride.

In a simplified way they never left they just took a long break

Pink_bot

Press Start Screen
Dec 28, 2021
I’d love to make tangle a playable character but I have no idea what ability you could give her. And then there’s the matter of commissioning a sprite sheet for $$$ after I figure that out