don't click here

Wanted level designers and spriters for Sonic Outbound!

Project255

Game Dev Team
Aug 11, 2020
unknown.png

Hello. We are Project255, an indie game development team. We also created Sonic Outbound. If you do not know what Sonic Outbound is, this fangame is supposed to be a sequel to Sonic Mania. It is set one year after the bad ending of Sonic Mania. We released the first demo in 2020 but not many people liked it, and when we released the 2022 demo for SAGE, most people loved the game because of its originality, music, and bosses. The 2022 demo was such a huge success for us because Blue Television Games and Jaypin88 made a video about it (and they liked it)

Here are our demos:

Sonic Outbound (SAGE '22 Demo)

SAGE 2022 - Demo  Sonic Outbound (SAGE '22 Demo)

IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are interested in this project, you can help me by talking to my Discord DMS (username is Akurio64#3823) or on our Discord server (the server is inactive as of now for an unknown reason tho). I may program decently, but I could use some help with coding. It would help me...

Sonic Outbound (SAGE 2020 Demo)

Sonic Outbound (SAGE 2020 Demo)

Sonic Outbound Story Basically, it's an alternate timeline where you get the bad ending in Sonic Mania. After being defeated in the Titanic Monarch, Dr. Robotnik tries to study the power of the Phantom Ruby, "The power of this stone is far beyond anything I imagined, as if it could surpass...

However, if we were to complete this game, we will require a lot of help from spriters and level designers. Why? Because a good complete Sonic fangame needs custom sprites and we can't just
use CartoonAnimate22 sprites, create bosses from recycled parts from former bosses, and especially use tilesets and backgrounds from other artists that made them for other purposes or use some from official Sonic games and expect people to not notice. We also need level designers because when we tried to make a level design in the 2020 demo, it sucked so much that Akurio64 (the game developer) refused to make levels for the second demo.

Sonic Outbound aspires to become one of the only fangames to feel like a Sonic game. There will be 24 zones of fun (14 original zones and 10 old remade zones) and a plot easy to understand yet interesting. The music is godly thanks to our musician and creator of Project255, Plasmariel and he could even do much better because the Outbound OST is two years old.

Zones:
zone_1_2_1.drawio.png

The SAGE '23 demo will feature the first half of the Sonic Story (Heaven Shore to Techno Turret). It would be a huge help if you would help us with our game. Thank you. Here is the link to our Discord server.

Last edited: