don't click here

Fan Game Super Mario Bros 5: It's about Time! (Complete)

Redstar

Green Hill Zone
Aug 2, 2020

Description:

Super Mario Bros 5 Is a fan game by no way affiliated with Nintendo and is suppose to be a fan made sequel to the original quadology. The Game is inspired by the old Classic Mario Games (SMB3 and SMBW mainly).The Only reason why it's not called SMB4 because

1. Super Mario Bros 4 Is Super Mario World (In Japan)

2. There are Fan games called Super Mario Bros 4

Super Mario Bros 5 Includes:

Over 100 All new 2D Levels

An Fully Remixed Soundtrack across the series

An Original and unique story

8 Main Worlds Plus 3 Extra Worlds

Returning Bosses

Hidden secrets and exits.

More than 13 World Maps to explore

Extras like a Manual and Soundtrack

And Much More!

Story

After Mario took a grand odyssey around the world. Peach invites Mario and Luigi to a party, Unfortunately, Bowser returns with his Krazy Koopa gang (Koopalings and Boom Boom) to marry Princess peach once again, and this time Bowser is after the Orbs of Power which grants the user unlimited Power if all 7 are collected

Can Mario Stop Bowser once again?

Trailers

Teaser Trailer

Overview Trailer

Launch Trailer

Credits

Art Created by Mr Togeilord

Mario Characters, Graphics, art and music belong to Nintendo

Mario Builder Created By Ting_thing

Super Mario Bros 5, The Manual and screenshots made by Redstar-1707

All rights to Nintendo Characters and themes are from Nintendo show you support of Nintendo by buying Nintendo Games and Game systems Super Mario Bros 5 Banner.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: Brvnogr

Redstar

Green Hill Zone
Aug 2, 2020
What is Super Mario Bros 5 it’s about Time?

Hi, my name is Redstar, and I love Mario games, one of my favourite game franchise in the world. One thing I also like is making fan-made creations and Playing them. Put these two things together for me you've got yourself one amazing fan game and I'm going go through why you should give it a download

Why and When was SMB5 made?

I started making SMB5 back in 2019 and finished back in May 2020 for the 35th anniversary for this beloved franchised It took that long because sure it was made by a very straightforward maker program called Mario Builder. But I wanted it to be very polished and a full eD game and I have to admit it did fall flat in the initial release with unfinished levels poor grammar/spelling and more stuff that I am not proud of but I did fix it to my best of my ability and it is as good as I can make it now. I made SMB5 because well for two reasons, one I was bored and 2 I wanted to make one think in this fangame. To make a fan-made sequel to Super Mario World that would satisfy fans and that goal was met.

What does SMB5 include?

SMB5 includes most things that are standard for Most Mario games. SMB5 includes over 100 Levels some of theme which are a throwback To. Many secrets, including secret exits and Switch Palaces. A fully remixed soundtrack from across the series. Returning Bosses from SMB3, over 13 Worlds to explore, and much more. It sounds like most Mario fangames have this stuff, but with SMB5 I wanted to make it as much as possible to a sequel to Super Mario World

Conclusion

Overall I would like you the reader to give SMB5 as a shot, you can download it right up above. It may sound a bit by the books but what you will get is one hell of a Mario Fangame. It's is obviously on SFHQ, it was also on Gamejolt but got removed by Nintendo (Rip) and Many more sites. Get ready for Super Mario Bros 5 because it's about Time for another 2D Mario Game

By the Fans, for the fans

konaa

Green Hill Zone
Oct 11, 2021
Ontario
Gave it a shot, I like the idea, and your level design really does feel like it could fit in a genuine mario game. I'd say it feels more like a Mario 3.5, or like an alternate universe where Mario World was more in line with Mario 3. That's cool too.

I feel like maybe your project outgrew the fangame engine you were using. It sucks because I know this isn't really something you can control, but the whole thing felt pretty janky. The physics were pretty wonky anytime I needed precision (I've never had so much trouble fighting boom boom in my life!). That's probably something I could adapt to, there's no rule that says it HAS to play like an existing mario game, but it feels like it given the aesthetic.

There's no spelling or grammar mistakes, but it definitely reads a little weirdly sometimes, but that stuff doesn't really bother me - it has all the irreverence and spirit of a good fan project.

I just... wish I could play these levels in a better engine...