don't click here

sonic worlds not working???

Automatic Summer

CD DOUBLE Jumper
Jul 18, 2020
i wanna make a sonic fan game but it says there are missing extensions but when i try to download any it doesn't let me and i get a message and it says i have to update which i did and STILL doesn't work
is there a version of sonic worlds with all extensions?

(Im using clickteam fusion 2.5 free)

Sotaknuck

Scrambled Egg Zone
May 27, 2020
LittleDev is right, you need to have a full version. The free one doesn't support functions needed by the Sonic Worlds Engine and the plugins to work.

Be patient and wait for a steam sale, Fusion has been discounted heavily in the past, some times even up to 95%.

ThatOneLittleDev

Green Hill Zone
Nov 18, 2020
... THEN WHATS THE POINT OF FREE EDITION???
Clickteam Fusion wasn't intended for Sonic Worlds,like every Clickteam Fusion game isn't sonic worlds for example FNAF series.
Sonic Worlds is just a fan project.
Free edition was for testing Clickteam Fusion out.
And it requires features like extensions which wasn't in free edition.
But something like Sonic Worlds 0.5(version of worlds which was used in ATS and BTS) might work in free version.
Here is the download link: https://web.archive.org/web/2017091...org/images/2/27/Sonic_Worlds_Engine_01Beta.7z
Also here is a tutorial website made by LakeFeperd for this version,i highly recommend checking it out: https://sites.google.com/site/sonicworldsguide/act-1

Automatic Summer

CD DOUBLE Jumper
Jul 18, 2020
didn't work like i suspected.
so how im gonna make a good full 2d sonic game with a engine like sonic worlds but i dont have to pay to make and use it?

Coderman64

Sound Test
Oct 2, 2019
coderman64.github.io
so how im gonna make a good full 2d sonic game with a engine like sonic worlds but i dont have to pay to make and use it?
I'm not entirely sure what you want to do with it, but there are probably several projects that would allow you to do that. There might be a 2d project for Unity or some other engine that has a more capable free version.

Personally, I created an engine called the Motobug Engine primarily due to frustrations like this (here's a game that I made with it). I even created a level designer to work alongside it. You can try to use that if you'd like, though I don't really know if it is quite beginner-friendly yet, especially since I haven't finished writing the documentation. It is all based on web technology, so it is completely free to use, and even works on mobile devices! Let me know if you want help getting it set up.

Other than that, there are many frameworks both here on SFGHQ and online. All of them are probably in various stages of completeness, with varying amounts of accuracy to the genesis games (assuming that's what you're aiming for). Many are probably poorly documented, but that sorta just goes along with the territory.

Automatic Summer

CD DOUBLE Jumper
Jul 18, 2020
opensurge is good but i wish i could make a full 2d sonic game out of it im saying this because i edited pictures in the images folder relizing i cant make anything sonic. due to being in a SPR format