Menu

Welcome!

Sonic Fan Games HQ is the largest resource for Sonic the Hedgehog fan gaming on the web and home to SAGE, the annual Sonic Amatuer Games Expo! We specialize in engines, sprites, music, gameplay, levels, gimmicks, the whole eight yards! Got a project you want to show off? Need some help with your game? Or maybe you just want to connect with creators and fans alike! No matter why you're here, hit that register button below to join the fun and start creating today!

1. Hey Guest!

We just updated our SFGHQ Rules & Guidelines. Give them a read, it might just save your life!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest!

Our pals from the SHC are going to be running the Sonic Hacking Contest a little later this year, a bit after SAGE! You should totally check it out by clicking here!

Dismiss Notice

Sonic Utopia Early Demo

Average User Rating:
4.55556/5,
  1. Dubnium

Dubnium E Rank Member

Alright, my apologies.

2. Big_Z

Big_Z E Rank Member

Are you guys remembering to rest?

3. heshbrown

heshbrown E Rank Member

What if the bonus stages took place on the inside of a giant "master ring" in space, like Halo but a astronomical sonic ring. Just a throw-away thought.

Another cool idea for a stage would be some weird place where some areas are flipped onto 90 degree walls, and sonic has to wall run to get through it and has to worry about his speed and the direction of gravity in order to not fall off. I think that would add another mechanic that is emergent from the physics that are already there, and would be something impossible with the 2D universe of the original games.

[​IMG]

^ Just showing how some parts of the stage would be perpendicular. Again, just a thought.

4. WhoWhatWhenWhale

WhoWhatWhenWhale The 3D Classic-ist

No clip of Sonic Utopia in SAGE 2018's trailer. That must surely mean it won't be making an appearance, right? Just like in SAGE 2016. *wink wink nudge nudge*

In all seriousness, whether it makes an appearance or not, I don't think anyone will be too disappointed. You guys are working hard on this project, so even if you all don't release another demo for three more years, that just means you guys want to hit us with as much finished content as you can!

Lange, Murasaki, and the rest of you who are working hard on this game, as corny as this sounds, we all really do believe in you.

5. SuperSquareEyeSpickles

SuperSquareEyeSpickles E Rank Member

Heya lads.

First off, the project you all got going here is absolutely fantastic and packs a ridiculous amount of potential. You all seem to have a solid idea of where to go with this and I wish the best of luck with the games development.

Here's a thought. Considering that you're working on more focused level design (which I fully support.) I still absolutely enjoyed the vastness of the demo's design, even if it was a bit slapped together in some sections. So my question is, would you guys be willing to design a new, separate open world level for the final release? I was going to suggest this as perhaps a hub world for the six stages you have in mind. Almost like the old Spyro games.

Keep up the good work!

6. Greedy_Raider

Greedy_Raider E Rank Member

I have played the Demo of utopia, IDK even if is the actual version, I find myself a little lost over the great openness of the level, Might be interesting to have something that can hint you where you should go... for example maybe a sprite of the next level sitting just near the sky-box so you can use it to find which way you should be heading... or for a less subtle way a way-point showing where is the goal... (like arma 3 for example)

Arma 3 example: https://imgur.com/a/dwVq92t

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  7. Bagpigs

Bagpigs E Rank Member

Hello Sonic Utopia Team, I have played the demo for a long time, and find myself coming back to it very regularly.

I just have a question: Will there be an option to lock the camera behind sonic in the game?
    Its fine like it is now, but I had some instances, where I liked to have a stationary camera behind sonic.

But that aside, this is a fantastic game! I can’t wait for the full release, but take your time with it. I know the more we fans wait, the better the game will be.

Keep it up!

8. kirabate

kirabate E Rank Member

Fans does what SEGA don't. I love your project, is the perfect representation of a 2D sonic game in a 3D world, and that perfect music, i just love it!!. Thank you guys for this amazing project .

9. Rock the Harty

Rock the Harty I didn't age as well as Sonic.

Very impressed with the quality of the early demo, and the attitude you and your team are approaching this project with. If you need any assistance with research or any other support-type processes such as planning, I would be more than willing to help out however I can. I'm not a practiced artist and I can only currently code in Visual Basic for Applications (mostly for Excel-based analysis automation), but I'm sure if there was an extra necessity for help in those areas I could be of help if you give me some time to study and do some trial-and-error.

10. tigerfunn!

tigerfunn! E Rank Member

Hey Sonic Utopia Development Team!

I just got the game and been playing it so much, it's super fun and what I absolutely love about Sonic! Glad to see fans of this character capture the essence of the "Speed/Exploration" gameplay style for Sonic in your own way. If you guys need any supportive process or just creative ideas on gameplay mechanics, I would love to assist you guys in any way possible. I'm no programmer or designer of any sort but just seeing you guys work this hard with the limited budget and resources is very inspiring, especially for a fan of Sonic!

11. Garulios64FanBoy

Garulios64FanBoy Ello Sonic Fans!

12. gush

gush E Rank Member

This is a great game, lateral and vertical camera control isn't working for me though on mouse and keyboard, don't know if it's intended.

13. Appleboy

Appleboy E Rank Member

There is one problem, WHERE THE HELL IS THE MAC PORT?!?

14. Migueldestroyer67

Migueldestroyer67 E Rank Member

Hola a todos, me he descargado el rar pero luego no se ejecutar el juego , podéis ayudarme???