don't click here

Fan Game Sonic Recharged

Spindash12

Rechargeable
Dec 27, 2017
Ice Cap Zone
Hello everyone!
I'm new here and I'd like to share with you our new Sonic Fangame that is growing up..
It's called Sonic Recharged!

I wanted to ask you if there is someone who wants to help us..

Here's the game:

recharged.PNG

TitleScreen

acme desert zone.PNG

Acme Canyon Zone - Act 1

Official Game Trailer:

If you have any suggestion, please, contact us!

Thank you!

Last edited:

Rudie Radio Waves

The One With The Most Power
Sep 21, 2017
Italy
It looks promising, but a couple of animations are misaligned, and the physics look a little off. Aside from that, good work, and good luck with your project!

Reactions: Spindash12

Unlimited Trees

Going home
Aug 28, 2017
Space
Congratulations. You took a bunch of premade art, plopped it in Sonic Worlds, and made a random mashup of a bunch of art. The level layout for Dust Hill looks awful, and the BG for the Not Angel Island level is literally just one flat plane. You didn't even bother to add in the full background. I don't see how this is impressive at all. It's the same problem I have with LakeFepard's games. Just because you finished something doesn't make it good.

PM13

Shameless Recolor
Feb 25, 2018
Congratulations. You took a bunch of premade art, plopped it in Sonic Worlds, and made a random mashup of a bunch of art. The level layout for Dust Hill looks awful, and the BG for the Not Angel Island level is literally just one flat plane. You didn't even bother to add in the full background. I don't see how this is impressive at all. It's the same problem I have with LakeFepard's games. Just because you finished something doesn't make it good.
I don’t think he said it was finished. The game is a work in progress. The last post was literally the second thing we’ve seen of the game.

And I think it’s impressive that the game exists, period. Granted, designing a fan game has definitely gotten easier over the years, but not everybody is willing to learn.

TheGreenGuy

Sombrero Cat
Nov 20, 2017
You make a fair point. I'm OK with it if this changes, but if the whole game is like this... Anyway the game looks OK but that's just the graphics from Sonic 2 and 3 being good to begin with. Anyway I think with a little work it can be good, but if no real effort is given... Well... We'll have another BTS. It was just kinda bland. Anyway it looks promising but it also can fail.

Spindash12

Rechargeable
Dec 27, 2017
Ice Cap Zone
This Project is actually UNFINISHED. We're using Dolphman's arts cause he's part of our team and we are working to improve the fangame everyday. We accept any kind of advices.
Angel Island RUINS Zone is UNFINISHED, we added a background to show the concept of our game.
Actually, we're trying to do something related to Sonic 3, but don't expect too much from us, cause it's the first fangame we're making.

Rudie Radio Waves

Sep 21, 2017
Italy
This Project is actually UNFINISHED. We're using Dolphman's arts cause he's part of our team and we are working to improve the fangame everyday. We accept any kind of advices.
Angel Island RUINS Zone is UNFINISHED, we added a background to show the concept of our game.
Actually, we're trying to do something related to Sonic 3, but don't expect too much from us, cause it's the first fangame we're making.
Fair enough, but please don't use this excuse as a substitute for mediocrity. I would really like to see this fangame be completed and be fun.

TheGreenGuy

Sombrero Cat
Nov 20, 2017
The biggest key to success in fan gaming is uniqueness. If you don't have original zones that look like what we've seen a million times than your game will be bland. Try coming up with creative ideas and your fan game will be good.

Rudie Radio Waves

Sep 21, 2017
Italy
Sure. I'm trying to put into practice your advices...
If you want please give me some hints.
Bit late, but I’d suggest studying good game design. I’ll link some Sonic-related material that I think anyone who wants to make Sonic levels is pretty much required to read/watch:

Sonic Spitball, Part 1 - Gameplay analysis:
Science of Sonic, a website that picks apart the games of the franchise: http://www.smile.talktalk.net/sj_index/nss/nss_contents/index.htm
Sonic level design thread on Sonic Retro: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=28302
Christian Whitehead/Taxman interview: https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news...od_Sonic_level_design_is_all_about_slopes.php (this is only a snippet, the full interview is linked at the end of the article)
Sonic maps: http://www.soniczone0.com/

I could look up some more material, but this is all that came to mind. Hope it’ll help you!

The biggest key to success in fan gaming is uniqueness. If you don't have original zones that look like what we've seen a million times than your game will be bland. Try coming up with creative ideas and your fan game will be good.
I only partially agree: while undoubtebly uniqueness will make your game stand out from the rest, it’s not the only factor in its success. For example, Super Mario 3D Land is very fun, even if its level tropes are retreads of older games, but because of that, it’s very easy to let it slip under your radar. I would say the key elements for a succesful game are both uniqueness and level design.

One last tip I’d give you is not to plan your level around a gimmick that is too, uh, “gimmicky”. Wacky Workbench, I’m looking at you. I hate you, Wacky Workbench.

Aside from that, go crazy. Good luck!

Rudie Radio Waves

Sep 21, 2017
Italy
looks like a cool game, but i can't play untill i know how to run bin files or rom hack files etc
It’s a fangame, and if you have Windows you can run it!
(Edit: to run hacks, you have to install an emulator relative to the console you want to, uh, emulate. For example, if you want to run Sonic ROM hacks, you should use Kega Fusion (a Sega Genesis/MegaDrive emulator), and just open the .bin (or whatever format the ROM/hack is) with it. If you want to play Super Mario World ROM hacks, you should use either zsnes or Snes9X, and do the same exact thing. Hope I helped!)

Last edited:

Spindash12

Rechargeable
Dec 27, 2017
Ice Cap Zone
Bit late, but I’d suggest studying good game design. I’ll link some Sonic-related material that I think anyone who wants to make Sonic levels is pretty much required to read/watch:

Sonic Spitball, Part 1 - Gameplay analysis:
Science of Sonic, a website that picks apart the games of the franchise: http://www.smile.talktalk.net/sj_index/nss/nss_contents/index.htm
Sonic level design thread on Sonic Retro: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=28302
Christian Whitehead/Taxman interview: https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news...od_Sonic_level_design_is_all_about_slopes.php (this is only a snippet, the full interview is linked at the end of the article)
Sonic maps: http://www.soniczone0.com/

I could look up some more material, but this is all that came to mind. Hope it’ll help you!

I only partially agree: while undoubtebly uniqueness will make your game stand out from the rest, it’s not the only factor in its success. For example, Super Mario 3D Land is very fun, even if its level tropes are retreads of older games, but because of that, it’s very easy to let it slip under your radar. I would say the key elements for a succesful game are both uniqueness and level design.

One last tip I’d give you is not to plan your level around a gimmick that is too, uh, “gimmicky”. Wacky Workbench, I’m looking at you. I hate you, Wacky Workbench.

Aside from that, go crazy. Good luck!
Thank you so much!