don't click here

Fan Game Sonic Frost

SoniKast

The guy that never finishes his fangames.. or not
Aug 29, 2017
France
Phew... welp, here we go again

Hello! I'm making a fangame called Sonic Frost. It's supposed to take place after Sonic 2 and before Sonic 3. Here is the story (not final, i'll change it later):

Story: After beating the Death Egg Robot, Sonic escaped the Death Egg with all 7 emeralds. He lands on his plane (Tails is riding the plane) then, they head for a new island and they see: North Island. As they arrive they quickly notice the state of the island; It was frozen and badniks were all over the place! Which meant, Eggman was up to his old tricks again. Now Sonic and Tails must save the animals and restore the island back to it's original state!
Here's some screenshots:

(Ice Palace, the second zone, isn't included in both demos, first one because it's old and the level wasn't even conceived, second one because of time constraints due to SAGE)
The playable characters are:
  • Sonic​
  • Tails​

Download:
https://sites.google.com/view/sonic-frost-fangame/download

If you find any bugs, please let me know! I'm open for feedback, btw.​

Last edited:

SoniKast

Aug 29, 2017
France
Quick update just to say that it's not dead!
But nothing much is happening right now. I'm just waiting for Flicky to release so I can move over to that and continue development again.

uhdontaskwhatthatis

SoniKast

Aug 29, 2017
France
Hey guys! I'm finally back from this... "Hiatus".
I ported the game to flicky now, (not everything works, i'm still trying to figure out how to fix the corkscrew animation along with the bosses. ) I'm currently figuring out how to use the engine, seeing as it was cancelled prematurely, leaving us without any sort of guide on how to use it.
But I made it and here are some screenshots/footage!

(Warning: this video is a bit old now) (This one is from the GMate version but it is practically the same in the flicky version )

The things added were: A new intro cutscene, playable Ice Palace (it's now Arctic Ruins Zone)
PS: We will try to attend SAGE 2018 if I can manage to redesign Foliage Airway.
Also.. New Sonic and Tails sprites comin' soon!

Last edited:

SoniKast

Aug 29, 2017
France
Hey guys, i've finally returned.
Yep, Sonic Frost is NOT cancelled! Sorry to keep the 3 peeps who still care waiting, here are the updates:
First of all, we have a *lot* of new music. Here is the playlist!

Second: New special stages!

Third: Foliage Airway is finished, and we're currently finishing up Frozen Meadows act 1.
Fourth: More Tails sprites have been worked on!
So far, it's only been text and videos, so here are some screenshots:
Tails & Snowy Hills:
Other things:

Well, that's the end of the update. S̶e̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶!̶

Edit: Oh yeah I should probably explain where I've been:
SAGE burnt me out on Frost and I practically stopped caring until one day earlier this year (in March or February IDK) I realized this is the fangame that has gotten the farthest in developpment and I really didn't want to cancel it because everyone knew me for this specific thing, and I didn't wanna let down the "fans" (I don't really wanna say that, that's kinda egotistical), even though I was working on better things. So, here I am, I guess.

Edit 2:
The house or building looks ms-paint-ly made.
Yeah, I cut that from the game, it looked like absolute crap, so I threw it out and i'm replacing it with something else.

NEW UPDATE: I've decided to continue developpment on a fresh GMate build. The old build was a complete mess so yeah.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGreenGuy