Sonic Canvas A WebGL Type Engine

SlushiiGod

Press Start Screen
Mar 30, 2020

So What im working sonic webgl game called sonic canvas
The Game is probably gonna be related to project hero or sonic reboosted

But i came to these forms for some help
So i want some sonic physics for the game but the site im using dosent use C

Im looking someone to replicate sonic physics in JavaScript and maybe also a sonic controller im looking for people to help me work on this game
Website im using is playcanvas here a link btw if want to try it to see so far https://playcanvas.com/editor/scene/892370

Problems so far: Sonic dosent turn around
Animations are kinda stiff
Need a jump
need to learn how to add more animations lines in the script without messing it up
Let me know if your want work on this
Discord:DerpySlurrpe #1496

Attachments

eMorph

Stuck in Marble Zone Act 3
Dec 5, 2019
Well first I suggest you take some pixel measurements if you want to be as accurate as possible. All you need to do for that is download the mobile version of one of the classic games, measure the jump height, and make a ratio of jump height compared to character height. However, since the jump is variable based on how long you hold the jump button, your velocity on a hill, and the grade of the hill, you might need to take a lot of measurements. I think there are a few people who already did this, however. As for the physics, you can do the same using Sonic CD. I suggest CD because of how varied the levels are, and because there are a lot of large half-pipes to use to take measurements.

DevPlex01

Dev01
May 29, 2020
I could help, since I use playcanvas a lot, and I love coding on there. But I don't think I can make a 3d sonic game. Sorry about that, but we can keep in touch.

Coderman64

Sound Test
Oct 2, 2019
coderman64.github.io
Hey there!

The best thing I could recommend for a 3D WebGL project is to use something like HedgePhysics or the Bumper Engine. These are Unity-based sonic engines, and Unity has a feature that allows you to export your project to WebGL if you want. You can then use a service like Netlify or GitHub pages to host it.

If you want to make a 2D HTML5-canvas-based sonic game, I have been working on the Motobug engine, which does just that.

If you're attached to the idea of just using playcanvas, though, I don't know much about that.

Reactions: DevPlex01

DevPlex01

Dev01
May 29, 2020
Ok, sorry, I'm on my computer now. So I suggest studying the engines you want to make your engine like. If it's 3D, then study how the physics feel and try to emulate it. PlayCanvas is easy to get into, and I got something up in a few weeks. Also, if you need help regarding the playcanvas engine itself, go to https://forum.playcanvas.com/ .