don't click here

Fan Game Sonic 3 A.I.R.

Gadesx

Press Start Screen
Apr 19, 2019
Some bug reports.
Sorry about if I put the images big or something. I use internet from a cellphone.

My pc:
Windows 7 64bits
ATI 4870

game version:

First crash, one that I can't
reproduce, playing with sonic &
tails with 2 players, tails
freezed in a position,
all game crashed.
in Mushroom Hill Zone 1.
horizontal bars part,

Also you can left sonic in the
upper part tight fisted, and see how Tails go up & down jumping and the "visible ghost tails" go weird.
In that part my game crashed of a random way.

The second crash seems to
go when I press print screen on
keyboard. I suppose that's a knowed bug.

area bug.PNG windows bug crash info 2.png windows bug crash.png

This area and game freezed one time.
Tails ghost also make weird things I suppose. It's the first a.i.r release version.

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
Sure View attachment 2569 the circled thing is his name. Which he commented right now.
Alright, I guess I didn't get it first time.

First crash, one that I can't
reproduce, playing with sonic &
tails with 2 players, tails
freezed in a position,
all game crashed.
in Mushroom Hill Zone 1.
horizontal bars part,

Also you can left sonic in the
upper part tight fisted, and see how Tails go up & down jumping and the "visible ghost tails" go weird.
In that part my game crashed of a random way.
I can't reproduce any of these either. But also have to say, I've made few changes here already, so the crash might already be fixed.

The second crash seems to
go when I press print screen on
keyboard. I suppose that's a knowed bug.
Yep, that's known and fixed.
You can get the updated version from sonic3air.org .

Emi

Green Hill Zone
Feb 20, 2019
Any plans on an option to change tails sprites?
I never liked the idea that he still uses his s2 sprites.
Here's some sprites that I edited fast to show an idea of how he could look
tails.png

Reactions: Joseph A. Rose

Twigs202

Green Hill Zone
May 16, 2019
This remake is really good, but I do have some recommendations. Can Blue Spheres be an Unlockable? I really like playing through these, so adding that would be great! And maybe add a drop dash to the time attack. It's hard to get the "Bursting through the jungle" achievement.

BlizardXD

Green Hill Zone
Jun 7, 2019
Probably one of the greatest MOD add-ons yet made. never going back after playing this.

one big suggestion i have for this. the ability to select the chaos emerald special stages, and the ability to transfer it's progress to your game save.

Last edited:

BlizardXD

Green Hill Zone
Jun 7, 2019
No, at least not any time soon.
right. i'm sure it will take extra time if you ever chose to work on. anyways amazing work for what you managed to do.

also, for topic sake - I spotted a interesting bug of sorts a while back -
if you collect 6 emeralds in sonic 3 and the 7th in sonic & knuckles + complete the game without the super emeralds your save avatar will display super sonic, but not be able to morph into during gameplay. and all sonic 3 emerald stages will not be able to re-enter. so you end up having to delete the save and start over from sonic 3 upwards.

In my earlier post I mentioned if there was a way to MOD A.I.R. to re-enter emerald stages. a very good MOD setting if possible.
or at least be able to spawn the Large Ring special stages in the debug, another place to check for MODing.

- thank you.

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
right. i'm sure it will take extra time if you ever chose to work on. anyways amazing work for what you managed to do.

also, for topic sake - I spotted a interesting bug of sorts a while back -
if you collect 6 emeralds in sonic 3 and the 7th in sonic & knuckles + complete the game without the super emeralds your save avatar will display super sonic, but not be able to morph into during gameplay. and all sonic 3 emerald stages will not be able to re-enter. so you end up having to delete the save and start over from sonic 3 upwards.

In my earlier post I mentioned if there was a way to MOD A.I.R. to re-enter emerald stages. a very good MOD setting if possible.
or at least be able to spawn the Large Ring special stages in the debug, another place to check for MODing.
Yeah, porting Sonic 2 as well (with all 3 characters then, of course) would be definitely a lot of work. Just to put it into perspective: I started the Sonic 3 & Knuckles port that became A.I.R. back in August 2017, and still working on it.

The emeralds bug you reported, I'm not sure if it's maybe just the original S3&K behavior?
If you finish the game with 7 Chaos Emeralds, but traded them in to get access to the Super Emeralds special stages, you can't transform to Super forms any more. But you should still be able to enter Super Emeralds special stages - though only in the Sonic & Knuckles half of the game.
If that does not work for you, could you send me your sram.bin in the game's save folder? (The save folder can easily be accessed by a right-click into the game.)

With your older post, I though you were referring to the Blue Sphere game that you would get when combining a Sonic & Knuckles cartridge with Sonic 1.
Because that's - among other stuff - what I'm working on at the moment. :emoji_smile:

BlizardXD

Green Hill Zone
Jun 7, 2019
Yeah, porting Sonic 2 as well (with all 3 characters then, of course) would be definitely a lot of work. Just to put it into perspective: I started the Sonic 3 & Knuckles port that became A.I.R. back in August 2017, and still working on it.

The emeralds bug you reported, I'm not sure if it's maybe just the original S3&K behavior?
If you finish the game with 7 Chaos Emeralds, but traded them in to get access to the Super Emeralds special stages, you can't transform to Super forms any more. But you should still be able to enter Super Emeralds special stages - though only in the Sonic & Knuckles half of the game.
If that does not work for you, could you send me your sram.bin in the game's save folder? (The save folder can easily be accessed by a right-click into the game.)

I no longer have my original save as i started it over. with better emerald success. S3&K is very peculiar. if you fail to complete the emerald quest in sonic 3 you are able to again in S3&K. however in doing so Sonic 3 will not interpret. the avatar will display supper sonic. as depicted below - but sonic will remain regular throughout all gameplay. nor will you be able to correct this as the Large rings are replaced with ones that give 50 regular rings.

found some information from someone who mentions a similar issue found in the original games.
https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/301919/do-giant-rings-ever-respawn

so this error was left in original code. the only way currently to fix this issue for sonic 3 is to restart the emerald quest and complete without fail.
And for that reason i mentioned a option to replay emerald stages. or to re-spawn the large rings in debug mode. whichever.

With your older post, I though you were referring to the Blue Sphere game that you would get when combining a Sonic & Knuckles cartridge with Sonic 1.
Because that's - among other stuff - what I'm working on at the moment. :emoji_smile:
Interesting. the emerald stages are pretty entertaining by themselves, it would be more complete though if the progress of the stages could translate to Sonic 3 basic and also with Sonic and Knuckles.
seeing how Sonic 3 A.I.R has custom settings and achievements. it might not be that far-fetched to add more settings to it.

whichever solution that can be found for re-entering emerald quests i'm most interested in.

Last edited:

Emi

Green Hill Zone
Feb 20, 2019
I found a bug with the custom music
After the one up jingle, the main zone music sounds quieter