Menu

Welcome!

Sonic Fan Games HQ is the largest resource for Sonic the Hedgehog fan gaming on the web and home to SAGE, the annual Sonic Amatuer Games Expo! We specialize in engines, sprites, music, gameplay, levels, gimmicks, the whole eight yards! Got a project you want to show off? Need some help with your game? Or maybe you just want to connect with creators and fans alike! No matter why you're here, hit that register button below to join the fun and start creating today!

1. Hey Guest!

We just updated our SFGHQ Rules & Guidelines. Give them a read, it might just save your life!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest!

Our pals from the SHC are going to be running the Sonic Hacking Contest a little later this year, a bit after SAGE! You should totally check it out by clicking here!

Dismiss Notice

Fan Game Sonic 3 A.I.R.

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Eukaryot, Jun 1, 2018.

1. zinnosinno

zinnosinno E Rank Member

When I turn off smooth character rotation, the players disappear. Is this due to my computer or copy of the game, or a bug that needs fixing?

Besides that, good work on adding lava reef and special stages.

Attached Files:

2. Eukaryot

Eukaryot Heading for Angel Island

Nothing wrong with your computer, it's really a bug in the latest version.

3. SanderNL

SanderNL E Rank Member

Hey Guys!
    I have been working on a remixed pack for Sonic 3 A.I.R and i just finished making it for this demo
    You can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vyl2imsdfo3vmbo/Music Replacement Mod.zip?dl=0
    It already includes Marble Garden which Eukaryot has been working on the most according to his twitter ;)
    NOTE: The miniboss music is most likely also broken for you so to fix it set the Miniboss theme to Sonic 3 (It will still play the S&K version)
    NOTE2: The music is really loud compared to the SFX i recommend you setting the music volume to around 80% and Sound volume 90%
    Open your Sonic 3 AIR folder and open the 'data' folder
    Make a new folder called 'audio'
    Extract the songs+json files out of the zip and enjoy.
    Check out the spoiler for how i rate my remixes
    Angel Island 1: Overall meh, some people may like it some may not
    Angel Island 2: A tad better but again some people may dislike it
    Hydrocity 1: I'd say pretty good, not my best but does the job quite well
    Hydrocity 2: I'd say volume 200% because the remix is imo pretty great
    Marble Garden 1: I'd say pretty good, not my best but does the job quite well
    Marble Garden 2: Just a tad better than Marble 1
    Ice Cap 1: I would say i did a good job on this one
    Ice Cap 2: Actually the same as Ice Cap 1 but the percussion is removed
    Mushroom Hill 1: I would say i did a good job on this one
    Mushroom Hill 2: I would say better than Mushroom Hill 1 but not that much
    Sandopolis 1+2: Hell yeah best remix in the game, It is very spooky
    Lava Reef 1: Volume 150% for me i think i did a great job
    Lava Reef 2/Hidden Palace: I personally think the Lava Reef 2 theme sucks so i remixed Song 10 from Sonic 2 and i think it ended up really really well
    Act Clear: Not my best and may sound a bit Sonic 4
    Miniboss: Pretty good
    Major Boss: Also pretty goood
    Data Select: Yeah it does the job and sounds ok
    Knuckles theme: Does the job and sounds ok

4. ranidaekeek

ranidaekeek E Rank Member

Buddy, I got this problem when running A.I.R. on my P.C. It actually lacks great pieces of the scenario. The game runs smoothly and very fluid, but there's this issue. Some pictures:
    upload_2018-11-25_14-37-27.png

upload_2018-11-25_14-38-57.png

upload_2018-11-25_14-39-40.png

upload_2018-11-25_14-40-5.png

upload_2018-11-25_14-40-40.png

This is my system:

upload_2018-11-25_14-45-15.png

(BTW, please ignore the "Activate Windows" thing. Thank you.)

5. Eukaryot

Looks like a typical hardware renderer problem. This seems to be pretty common, especially with Intel graphics cards.
    Try to switch over to software rendering, it's described in the Manual PDF - that should fix the problems.

6. ranidaekeek

Oh, so you actually included a Troubleshooting. Didn't noticed. How wonderful. Thanks!

7. ranidaekeek

Followed the instructions and everything went great. Wonderful job so far. Congrats and thanks. I'm so grateful for this fanbase, soon enough we will have all the great games available in HD widescreen 60fps.

8. HunLepto

HunLepto E Rank Member

Alright, the mod is incredible, but I have a very annoying problem so far. The game sometimes just speed up and slow down, it's like the game is following how many FPS my computer gets and set the game's speed to that number. Can you include an FPS capper or something?

9. Eukaryot

That's a pretty weird problem. The game uses the real-time system timer to make each frame 1/60 of second long. Or at least it usually does.
    You might get around the speed changes by enforcing vertical synchronization (V-sync) for S3AIR in your graphics driver options, when using a monitor that happens to have a 60 Hz update rate. Many LCDs do, especially on notebooks, so this *might* help.

10. francis247uk

francis247uk E Rank Member

Hey Eukaryot, will we see the next release before Christmas do you think? With Marble Garden & Carnival Night that would be 8 stages so just over half way!

11. Ronald Rose

Ronald Rose E Rank Member

12. Eukaryot

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm actually kind of busy with other things at the moment (obviously it took me almost two weeks to answer your question... :emoji_worried: )
    The next update still takes some time, I'd say the release will be somewhere in January. It's going to be a larger update - the two new zones, and some other stuff I'm right in the middle of implementing.

13. Eukaryot

In the last two weeks, progress on S3AIR went surprisingly good. Probably because of the free days around Christmas. :emoji_smiley:
    That means there's no need to wait until January for the next demo, but it's ready now:
    http://85.214.142.96/sonic3air_demo.zip

New features include:
    • Marble Garden Zone
    • Carnival Night Zone
    • Title Screen with intro and rolling demos
    • Reworked main menu
    • Save games via the Data Select screen
    • And as always, quite some bug fixes here and there, as well as new options

Have fun!

14. Ronald Rose

Is There an Option to Switch to Sonic & Knuckles Title Screen Music?

15. Eukaryot

Yes, you can choose between the Sonic 3 and the Sonic & Knuckles title music in the options.

16. Ronald Rose

Is There Going to be a Slot Machine Bonus, Hidden Palace Zone, Sky Sanctuary Zone and Doomsday Zone in the Next Release Update?

17. Ronald Rose

Will You Add PC Soundtrack Too, Once ValleyBell Gives You Request?

18. Eukaryot

I'm planning to keep the next update smaller, so it is ready on time for the 25th anniversary of Sonic 3 (on February 2).
    For the same reason, my focus is entirely on completing the Sonic 3 part - in other words, probably only Launch Base Zone will get added.

19. Ronald Rose

20. GalacticG

GalacticG E Rank Member

Hey all. Apologies for the radio silence and lack of updates on my end. Real life got in the way. Just haven't had the time to throw myself into audio work for quite a while now. However, hope to rectify that over the next couple of weeks and hopefully get the majority of the remastered soundtrack finished. Also hope to upload it to a more reliable place than before (one that doesn't expire), so it's more readily available to those looking for it.

Great to see the latest progress Eukaryot! Getting closer and closer to the perfect S3&K experience. I look forward to giving the new version a playthrough. :emoji_grin:

Regarding the PC tracks, yes, my intention is to provide alternative, cleaned up versions of the tracks featured in S3 Complete. This has however, hit a couple of barriers behind the scenes. I'll attempt to help move things along on this front when the original soundtrack's done.

Ristar's soundtrack is still on the back burner, it's just not cleaning up as well as I hoped it would, not sure if there's enough to be gained from doing it compared to the original. Will look at that later down the line.

I also fully intend on doing the Sonic 3D Blast/Flickies Island Gen/MD soundtrack after S3K. It uses a very similar, if not identical sound engine, and will benefit in exactly the same way as S3K does now. Possibly with a side quest of creating a mod for PC/Saturn versions. We'll see, that'll have its own relevant thread when the time comes.

For now, hope everyone's having a great new year!:emoji_v: