Menu

Welcome!

Sonic Fan Games HQ is the largest resource for Sonic the Hedgehog fan gaming on the web and home to SAGE, the annual Sonic Amatuer Games Expo! We specialize in engines, sprites, music, gameplay, levels, gimmicks, the whole eight yards! Got a project you want to show off? Need some help with your game? Or maybe you just want to connect with creators and fans alike! No matter why you're here, hit that register button below to join the fun and start creating today!

1. Hey Guest!

We just updated our SFGHQ Rules & Guidelines. Give them a read, it might just save your life!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest!

Our pals from the SHC are going to be running the Sonic Hacking Contest a little later this year, a bit after SAGE! You should totally check it out by clicking here!

Dismiss Notice

Fan Game Sonic 3 A.I.R.

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Eukaryot, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Eukaryot

Eukaryot Heading for Angel Island

Yeah, porting Sonic 2 as well (with all 3 characters then, of course) would be definitely a lot of work. Just to put it into perspective: I started the Sonic 3 & Knuckles port that became A.I.R. back in August 2017, and still working on it.

The emeralds bug you reported, I'm not sure if it's maybe just the original S3&K behavior?
    If you finish the game with 7 Chaos Emeralds, but traded them in to get access to the Super Emeralds special stages, you can't transform to Super forms any more. But you should still be able to enter Super Emeralds special stages - though only in the Sonic & Knuckles half of the game.
    If that does not work for you, could you send me your sram.bin in the game's save folder? (The save folder can easily be accessed by a right-click into the game.)

With your older post, I though you were referring to the Blue Sphere game that you would get when combining a Sonic & Knuckles cartridge with Sonic 1.
    Because that's - among other stuff - what I'm working on at the moment. :emoji_smile:

2. BlizardXD

BlizardXD E Rank Member

I no longer have my original save as i started it over. with better emerald success. S3&K is very peculiar. if you fail to complete the emerald quest in sonic 3 you are able to again in S3&K. however in doing so Sonic 3 will not interpret. the avatar will display supper sonic. as depicted below - but sonic will remain regular throughout all gameplay. nor will you be able to correct this as the Large rings are replaced with ones that give 50 regular rings.

[​IMG]

found some information from someone who mentions a similar issue found in the original games.
    https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/301919/do-giant-rings-ever-respawn

so this error was left in original code. the only way currently to fix this issue for sonic 3 is to restart the emerald quest and complete without fail.
    And for that reason i mentioned a option to replay emerald stages. or to re-spawn the large rings in debug mode. whichever.

Interesting. the emerald stages are pretty entertaining by themselves, it would be more complete though if the progress of the stages could translate to Sonic 3 basic and also with Sonic and Knuckles.
    seeing how Sonic 3 A.I.R has custom settings and achievements. it might not be that far-fetched to add more settings to it.

whichever solution that can be found for re-entering emerald quests i'm most interested in.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  3. Emi

Emi E Rank Member

I found a bug with the custom music
    After the one up jingle, the main zone music sounds quieter

4. ScropeX68

ScropeX68 E Rank Member

EVERYONE IS PLAYING THE GAME EXCEPT ME! I'M REALLY SAD ABOUT THE FACT THAT I CAN'T PLAY MY FAVOURITE GAME OF ALL TIME!

5. BlizardXD

BlizardXD E Rank Member

You can download Sonic A.I.R.
    read it's instructions. very simple to install.
    if you need any help read some of the posts.
    or join a discord channel.

6. BlizardXD

BlizardXD E Rank Member

Any progress for spawning the big rings in debug mode? is it even possible?
    or add the emerald special stages to select mode?

7. hellothere3212

hellothere3212 E Rank Member

And now today, the forums may be dead already. Well atleast for me but I loved talking with people but it isn't the same as it is before now.

8. BlizardXD

BlizardXD E Rank Member

all of my favorite places are slow now actually.
    taking a break i would imagine. Moding can be a lot of work.

I am very much enjoying Sonic A.I.R.
    Been looking for something like this for years.

I keep saying over and over though
    a way to re-access the emerald special stages would complete the mod.

9. ScropeX68

ScropeX68 E Rank Member

I can't, because I have to buy the game from steam...

10. Ronald Rose

Ronald Rose E Rank Member

I Defeated the Underwater Enemy, But the Achievement Isn't Showing Up.

11. Emi

Emi E Rank Member

Is there a way that you caould add eggman laugh when he appears or hurts you like in the rest of the classic games?
    Since they removed that detail for some reason (space I guess)
    Also, what about unused stuff (like knuckles unique switches for AIZ and CNZ, eggman's defeat launch base animation, knuckles laught in lava reef act2, Eggman's unused head in Flying Battery, Sonic's full waiting animation and Super Sonic idle)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  12. Ronald Rose

He Can't Use the Eggman Laugh. But maybe a Mod Perhaps?

13. Ronald Rose

GalacticG This Is What You Need to Remaster.

Attached Files:

14. Eukaryot

A new update is here!

You can download it from the project homepage.
    There's a long list of changes since the last stable (i.e. non-preview) update in May, so I won't go it details here.

More links:
    • Youtube clip

15. Eukaryot

Sorry, I don't think I'll add special stage ring spawning to the debug mode at all. Haven't had a look into it, but I can imagine this could get tricky.

I'm having plans on something like that, but don't want to spoil that yet.

Made a change with today's update: Let's say you played through the game and the Chaos Emeralds traded in for the gray Super Emeralds, but don't have all Super Emeralds yet. Then any Giant Ring throughout the game will take you to Hidden Palace, including all from the Sonic 3 zones. As I understood you, that's the case in your save game. So maybe that helps?

The enemy has to be killed by the electric flash in the water caused by the lightning shield entering the surface.

I actually like that idea, because I can well imagine it's something the developers left out for technical limitations only. But I need to check how much trouble it will cause if I try to integrate the animation.
    However, that's certainly no high priority. (And it would be optional.)

16. Ronald Rose

Anything but the Eggman Laugh! Not the Eggman Laugh!

17. Eukaryot

You know that I added the "(And it would be optional.)" specifically for you :emoji_smile:

18. Mr.Darkness

Mr.Darkness Hentai Dragon

Eukaryot, i tested this new update but it seems to have a bug: If using moded music, the music always restart after a super cancel.
    Ah, and if "faster music" for super is selected, it does not get faster... But i assume this is intended right?

Since you put sonic cd super peel out sprites for when very fast, can you put sonic cd faling sprites after launched by a spring or falling from a ledge? (i'm really baffled to have to use this on sonic mania https://gamebanana.com/skins/157955 it should be this way by default...)

Another sugestion: To make the game a little more closer to sonic mania behavior, can you make it so a fire shield makes you imune to freezing one ICZ?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  19. BlizardXD

BlizardXD E Rank Member

I enjoyed the latest update. keep up the good work!

20. ColdSteel

ColdSteel E Rank Member

Oh hi everyone. Is there any way to remap keyboard controls without third party software in this ideal version of Sonic 3?