don't click here

SAGE 2018 reviews done by a guy who knows how to type

Twins'R'Awesome

Green Hill Zone
Aug 23, 2018
So, SAGE 2018 is coming literally the day after tomorrow, and yeah, it is exciting. This year, I decided to play almost all of the games this year and give my (thorough) thoughts about it.
Currently, I only have 3 projects reviewed that were released a few days early. More details in the current txt. Will update as I go along.

"Why didn't you go to showcase to review them?"

Reason 1: Booths

Reason 2: I think this might be a more convenient way to keep all of my thoughts together than to spread it around a bunch of different showcase pages. I'll still put these review in the showcase pages though as some people will check their showcase page first before anything else.

Reason 3: There's a 1000 character limit in the reviews section

EDIT 1: Seven games have been added to the .txt (one of them has not been reviewed)

EDIT 2: A few more games have been added to the .txt including some Mania Mods

EDIT 3: M O A R G A Y M E S

EDIT 4: The reviews are finished. I reviewed as much as I bothered to review lol

Attachments

Last edited:

Adam Kareem

Spring Yard Zone
Jul 13, 2018
Wow that's going to be quite the undertaking!

Good luck and looking forward to your thoughts :)

Unlimited Trees

Going home
Aug 28, 2017
Space
I don't understand why you need to have a text file to download and not just put the reviews in a spoiler tag or something. Better yet you could just leave the reviews on the actual games but whatever

Twins'R'Awesome

Green Hill Zone
Aug 23, 2018
I wanted to put it in a txt file bc it keeps everything together at first

Then I realized that SFGHQ has a stupid char limit for reviews and a lot of my reviews cant even fit in there.
So this is kinda necessary

Twins'R'Awesome

Green Hill Zone
Aug 23, 2018
The .txt has been updated! If the reviews get cut off due to the char limit, then check out the .txt for the full review

FlytrapStudios

Flytrap Studios
Jul 23, 2018
Hi ! Thanks for your feedback on Super Glovekid !
I'm going to try and reduce the contrast on the graphics, unfortunately the palette I'm using isn't very well suited for pixel art...

Would something like this look any better ?

(I reduced the amount of colors on the grass and slightly changed the trees)

Last edited:

Twins'R'Awesome

Green Hill Zone
Aug 23, 2018
@Flytrap Studios.

That's a little better, but the Angel Lake screenshot is still blinding. I think its better to redraw a lot of the assets to have more shading, stick to a more singular color scheme (similar to the current Sonic games). Another thing that will help is if you add more shades to the current art which will help balance the contrast.

Just work on the art a little more and take examples from other types of pixel art games

Twins'R'Awesome

Green Hill Zone
Aug 23, 2018
On that note, another problem is that there is no defined lightsource in those graphics

There's frontal shading on the trees, yet the sun is in the back layer.

Twins'R'Awesome

Green Hill Zone
Aug 23, 2018
I should've posted this yesterday, but SO MANY games from SAGE 2018 have been reviewed I cant even be W O K E properly.

But yeah, a few more games have been added. Yadda yadda cutoff, just see the .txt for the full review

I need a break

Twins'R'Awesome

Green Hill Zone
Aug 23, 2018
It is done.

The number of games I bothered to review in this txt are now done.

Maybe I'll have more to say when SHC2018 comes around. Who knows lol.

PVic

Marble Zone
Aug 29, 2017
Rio Grande Do Sul, Brazil
github.com
Really appreciated the feedback on Battle For Station Square!
I don't think I'll continue that project (or maybe I'll just shorten it.) since I'm kind of sick of this engine and I got some really mixed feedback in the project that made me started to reflect about my projects, but I appreciate you spending your time to give feedback on it anyway.

Reactions: thereel1_

thereel1_

A kid with some passion in my breakfast
Sep 11, 2017
Really appreciated the feedback on Battle For Station Square!
I don't think I'll continue that project (or maybe I'll just shorten it.) since I'm kind of sick of this engine and I got some really mixed feedback in the project that made me started to reflect about my projects, but I appreciate you spending your time to give feedback on it anyway.
Battle for Station Square was pretty nice. I enjoyed the project.

Reactions: PVic

GuilhermeBMotta

Marble Zone
Jul 25, 2018
Brazil
Interesting, I'm sure everyone appreciates the time you took to do this, too bad you didn't have the time to test my demo back in the expo. Just be more careful about this stuff, if I recall correctly someone was booted on discord automatically for pinging over 10 members with the same type of reviews.