don't click here

SADX Sins: A blog about Sonic Adventure DX downgrades

Sonikko

Green Hill Zone
Aug 13, 2017
Italy
SADX Sins is, as the title of this thread says, a blog about differencies between Sonic Adventure and the later ports, specifically focusing on the downgrades, complete with screenshots, video and audio comparisons.
The game suffered a lot in the process, the lighting system was completely axed and texture quality took a big hit.
PkR, Speeps, me and Spookmeman, we've been working on this blog for almost a month now, and it's finally ready for you to read.
Take a look, you won't believe your eyes (and your ears, we've got a "Sounds downgrades" section too).

https://dreamcastify.wordpress.com/

Be sure to read every entry in the "Read This First" section.
Here's a sneak peek to get you interested:
upload_2017-11-7_22-13-57.png

Be sure to send us feedback on the articles, stuff you noticed that we didn't, anything really.
I really hope you guys enjoy this as much as we did working on it.

Reactions: TheStoneBanana

TheStoneBanana

The Bananaman
Aug 13, 2017
I took some time to sit down and read through this, and I gotta say, this was quite an interesting and enjoyable read. It's laid our nicely, the comparisons were very well put together, and the explanations to certain issues (like the Lantern lighting system, for instance) were clear enough for someone like me with no knowledge of these topics to understand.

Good work guys!

Reactions: Sonikko

Sonikko

Green Hill Zone
Aug 13, 2017
Italy
Well everything can be fixed with mods
That's true, we're working on a separate section for mods with comparisons.

I took some time to sit down and read through this, and I gotta say, this was quite an interesting and enjoyable read. It's laid our nicely, the comparisons were very well put together, and the explanations to certain issues (like the Lantern lighting system, for instance) were clear enough for someone like me with no knowledge of these topics to understand.

Good work guys!
Thank you so much.
The articles were all PkR work, as you can see in the site staff section. He's pretty good and knows what he's talking about. I worked on the screenshots and suggested some of the downgrades.