don't click here

Fan Game [POLL] Sonic Frenzy Adventure - 100% COMPLETED

Replace Or remove fan characters?

• Total voters

BlueFrenzy

Green Hill Zone
May 2, 2020
Absolutely not a dealbreaker! I want to suggest using the same music in a new trailer but that's totally up to you! ;)
Well, I have to say I don't have the tools to make videos anymore. I used windows movie maker, which kind of sucked, and I am completely out of date in how to create videos in 2020. Any good tool / suggestion?

Nova

Green Hill Zone
Jul 3, 2020
South East, England
Well, I have to say I don't have the tools to make videos anymore. I used windows movie maker, which kind of sucked, and I am completely out of date in how to create videos in 2020. Any good tool / suggestion?
Hmmm, I really wouldn't be sure what to use - I've never really dabbled with video editing. Most of the names I hear thrown about these days are for paid software. :emoji_thinking:

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Green Hill Zone
Jul 11, 2020
The game entered today in gold candidate. First version that I am trying with close friends to find bugs. Although I didn't manage to get in the SAGE trailer, I will be there.

ANOTHER FANGAME COMPLETED

I expect soon your feedback.
If anyone can help me to spread the voice or you know someone who can help, please, contact me.
wait, so can we play this now?

Reactions: BlueFrenzy

UaenaNancy

Green Hill Zone
Oct 29, 2018
If you are using windows 10 you may consider its build-in video editor that in the Photo App in your start menu, or else you can use some free editor that doesn't need to pay like: OpenShot or Shotcut. With some tutorials, you will be fine to make your own lengendary video :))))

BlueFrenzy

Green Hill Zone
May 2, 2020
If you are using windows 10 you may consider its build-in video editor that in the Photo App in your start menu, or else you can use some free editor that doesn't need to pay like: OpenShot or Shotcut. With some tutorials, you will be fine to make your own lengendary video :))))
Great! The built-in editor sucks and it's hard to make anything decent with it. I will try OpenShot.

Sotaknuck

Scrambled Egg Zone
May 27, 2020
I managed to try your game and I have to say I enjoyed it a lot.
I feel there is something wrong with the Spin Dash action, because it gains a lot more momentum if you keep the direction you're rolling pressed than not. I feel that difference as I'm used to just keep pressing down whenever I roll and end up with no speed in a matter of seconds.

I played in a single sitting to act 2 of Moon Carnival (sorry if the Zone name is wrong ^^) where I had a bunch of game overs at the insanely difficult laser climb where I decided it was time to take a break.
I really feel like the first area with 3 spinning bumpers is incredibly luck based. The chance to dive face first in a bumper when the spring pushes you up is far too high. You begin to be bounced around wasting too much time, and often end being flung below to the rising laser to your instant death.

Overall it's an entertaining game, and I'm glad you dusted it off and didn't let it die.

Great job!

Reactions: BlueFrenzy

BlueFrenzy

Green Hill Zone
May 2, 2020
I managed to try your game and I have to say I enjoyed it a lot.
I feel there is something wrong with the Spin Dash action, because it gains a lot more momentum if you keep the direction you're rolling pressed than not. I feel that difference as I'm used to just keep pressing down whenever I roll and end up with no speed in a matter of seconds.

I played in a single sitting to act 2 of Moon Carnival (sorry if the Zone name is wrong ^^) where I had a bunch of game overs at the insanely difficult laser climb where I decided it was time to take a break.
I really feel like the first area with 3 spinning bumpers is incredibly luck based. The chance to dive face first in a bumper when the spring pushes you up is far too high. You begin to be bounced around wasting too much time, and often end being flung below to the rising laser to your instant death.

Overall it's an entertaining game, and I'm glad you dusted it off and didn't let it die.

Great job!
I am glad you enjoy it. Yes, Moonlight festival 2 has a high difficulty spike. I am considering an update with a difficulty selector for the people who really struggle with the hardest parts of the game.

Also, it's true that physics are a bit outdated. Remember, this game was created using the very first 360 engine in 2004, years prior to Sonic Worlds. But I can understand that, after this many time getting used to the current engines it's more complicated to get used to how these physics work. I hope it's not a blocker.

Sotaknuck

Scrambled Egg Zone
May 27, 2020
I pushed forward and I reached the other dimension (nice idea by the way!). Still didn't clear the game yet though.

I didn't meet any other roadblocks like the laser climb in Moonlight Festival 2 so far. At the moment I really think that the first spring with the spinning bumpers needs an adjustment. The first time I managed to pass through I cleared the laser climb so maybe you could adjust it slightly to make it flow better (probably by reducing the bumpers' spinning speed, as it will leave a little more time to properly avoid them).

BlueFrenzy

Green Hill Zone
May 2, 2020
I pushed forward and I reached the other dimension (nice idea by the way!). Still didn't clear the game yet though.

I didn't meet any other roadblocks like the laser climb in Moonlight Festival 2 so far. At the moment I really think that the first spring with the spinning bumpers needs an adjustment. The first time I managed to pass through I cleared the laser climb so maybe you could adjust it slightly to make it flow better (probably by reducing the bumpers' spinning speed, as it will leave a little more time to properly avoid them).
Great! I am glad you liked it. I will review the LD in later versions. For now, I want to rest a bit after the stress of SAGE.

Sotaknuck

Scrambled Egg Zone
May 27, 2020
I have to say that the other dimension is really unfair to the player. Punishing mechanics are stacked heavily against you.
The mechanic that destroys rings if you get hit a second time aggravates bosses that are very hard.
The eye boss in act 1 is really frustrating, as its balls do not seem to follow an easy to guess pattern, have irregular speed and sometimes instantly reset back around it, not to mention it has an invincibility phase that last very long after you hit it.

To pass it I had to be really lucky, and I'm not sure I want to fight it again.

Act 2 is really annoying. I can deal with the blue claw that eats away your rings as it's an interesting obstacle for the level, but the yellow one that chases you at psychedelic speed is very, very frustrating...I'm not even sure it is the boss of the act but it could very well be as it has no room for error.
There is not a way to dodge it when it approaches, and as you're unable to recover rings you simply die if you get hit.