don't click here

Game Lloyd the Monkey 2

MeyerGames

Spring Yard Zone
Sep 23, 2017
www.patreon.com
With SAGE coming up next month, I figured this would be a good time to reveal my newest game project, Lloyd the Monkey 2. The game is being built in the Unity Engine and will borrow a little from Mega Man and Sonic Heroes to create something larger in scope than its predecessor.

Here's a collection of screenshots and animations to show what the game will be like, all coming from the first stage I will be showing off: Power Mountain.

I look forward to showing this game off at SAGE this year!

MeyerGames

Spring Yard Zone
Sep 23, 2017
www.patreon.com
Here's some new screenshots of Lloyd the Monkey 2, showing off Byzantium Castle, one of the town stages in the game.
The next demo is actually going to be released in January 2019, so please look forward to it!

MeyerGames

Spring Yard Zone
Sep 23, 2017
www.patreon.com
It's been a while since I've last been on here. Anyway, a new Lloyd the Monkey 2 demo is coming January 26, featuring a new stage and some story scenes, in addition to balancing improvements!

Last edited:

MeyerGames

Spring Yard Zone
Sep 23, 2017
www.patreon.com
Sheez, I really need to dust this fourm off. I haven't touched it since Christmas. Well, anyway:

SAGE may be over for the year, but that's not stopping the work I've been putting into Lloyd the Monkey 2. As of this writing, approximately 50% of the main campaign is finished! While the rest of the game content is steadily being worked on, I'd like to go over the changes, big and small, that have occurred since the expo.

LTM2Screen32 by meyer-gamesLTM2Screen27 by meyer-games

The first big addition we've been working on is the addition of parallax scrolling, which was so simple to program yet managed to do a lot to bring this world to life. The game supports three layers of parallax scrolling along the x-axis, and in our current internal build, all the stages take advantage of it.

LTM2Screen30 by meyer-gamesLTM2Screen29 by meyer-games
In addition to that, I decided to remap the act of talking to NPCs to the defense and attack buttons, in response to feedback from SAGE. This should make the play experience much smoother when NPCs come into the picture, either during hubs or action stages.

In addition to that, work has started on one of two sidequests that will feature in the game, Gymnastics Platforming. In this assortment of levels, you play as Lura alone, trying to clear an obstacle course as quickly and with as much finesse as possible. Lura can perform cartwheels, flips and spins with different buttons, but they must be timed very carefully or she'll fall flat on her face, wasting time and putting a dent on your performance.
LTM2Screen34 by meyer-gamesLTM2Screen33 by meyer-games

And to wrap things up, here's a new trailer that lets you see all this in motion, ahead of another demo coming... at some point.

MeyerGames

Spring Yard Zone
Sep 23, 2017
www.patreon.com
Merry Christmas, everyone!

Work on Lloyd the Monkey 2 is going smoothly, and I'm expecting to release the game on August 2, 2020! To tide everyone over until then, here's a behind-the-scenes look at what goes into the game's FMVs.