don't click here

Little Question Thread

PM13

Shameless Recolor
Feb 25, 2018
I know there are a lot of sonic
fan games, but what about nights and samba de amigo and super monkey ball? am i allowed to make those games?
Of course! We have a slew of indie games here, and even a few Mario games. The games you make doesn’t have to be strictly Sonic.

candice

old dawg
Nov 5, 2021
If you have a minor question that can be answered in a post or two and doesn't require a discussion, please ask it here instead of making a thread for it.
If your post doesn't get an answer, it probably means nobody has one.
Hey there! I wan't ask a question
I have a 700 mb file. It contains sonic colors ds all music in 8bit style and more things like map music in it. But i can't post my project in resources. What can i do??

RandomocityGaming

Green Hill Zone
Sep 8, 2020
When making a booth for the SAGE Expo, is there any way to save your progress part way through and then return to it later? If not, is there any way to mark it as "private" so that you can continue working on it without anyone seeing it? I wanted to start getting my booth ready ahead of time but I'm not at a point where I want people to see it yet. I just made a page for the game and saved it but now it's set to be reviewed by the site staff which isn't what I want (the only stuff on the page right now is the game name and logo so I'm sure the staff will reject it). I saw some comments earlier in this thread saying they set their projects to "drafts" and then switched to have them be reviewed by the moderators later but I can't find that option.

Last edited:

RummySM

SAGE STAFF
Apr 8, 2019
When making a booth for the SAGE Expo, is there any way to save your progress part way through and then return to it later? If not, is there any way to mark it as "private" so that you can continue working on it without anyone seeing it? I wanted to start getting my booth ready ahead of time but I'm not at a point where I want people to see it yet. I just made a page for the game and saved it but now it's set to be reviewed by the site staff which isn't what I want (the only stuff on the page right now is the game name and logo so I'm sure the staff will reject it). I saw some comments earlier in this thread saying they set their projects to "drafts" and then switched to have them be reviewed by the moderators later but I can't find that option.
Every showcase title first goes though the Approval Queue. meaning us moderators/staff can see it. but it's not out to to the public, you are fine. you can still edit to your hearts content before the Expo starts.

Reactions: RandomocityGaming

RandomocityGaming

Green Hill Zone
Sep 8, 2020
Every showcase title first goes though the Approval Queue. meaning us moderators/staff can see it. but it's not out to to the public, you are fine. you can still edit to your hearts content before the Expo starts.
Okay, thank you for the clarification!

Nintenboi1

Sand Hill Zone
Jul 9, 2022
Is there any way I can run Sonic Triple Trouble 16 Bit on mac with wine? I've tried and the game always immediately closes whenever I open it. Any winetricks I may need to install?

RandomocityGaming

Green Hill Zone
Sep 8, 2020
I am making my booth for this year's SAGE Expo and uploaded a temporary cover image just so I could save my work and then deleted it, but my page is still showing the deleted image as its cover image instead of the new cover image I uploaded. Image below for reference:
1690753842673.png
That pic of Sonic Superstars was just a placeholder. I already deleted it and uploaded an actual cover image yesterday but the placeholder one is still showing as my game's cover image. Does it just take time for the change to take effect?

RummySM

SAGE STAFF
Apr 8, 2019
I am making my booth for this year's SAGE Expo and uploaded a temporary cover image just so I could save my work and then deleted it, but my page is still showing the deleted image as its cover image instead of the new cover image I uploaded. Image below for reference:
View attachment 23041
That pic of Sonic Superstars was just a placeholder. I already deleted it and uploaded an actual cover image yesterday but the placeholder one is still showing as my game's cover image. Does it just take time for the change to take effect?
This has been a odd occurrence that's been happening to users lately. but i can say it has updated on our end when we inspect your page.

GerbilSoft

Administrator
Nov 3, 2017
gerbilsoft.com
The cover-image issue was caused by a caching rule that was enabled on Cloudflare that normally helps reduce server load, especially during the actual SAGE event, but as a result, it prevents updating the cover-image. The rule has been disabled for now; it may be re-enabled when SAGE 2023 starts.

tl;dr it should work now.

RandomocityGaming

Green Hill Zone
Sep 8, 2020
The cover-image issue was caused by a caching rule that was enabled on Cloudflare that normally helps reduce server load, especially during the actual SAGE event, but as a result, it prevents updating the cover-image. The rule has been disabled for now; it may be re-enabled when SAGE 2023 starts.

tl;dr it should work now.
This has been a odd occurrence that's been happening to users lately. but i can say it has updated on our end when we inspect your page.
Thank you both for the clarification. It looks fixed on my end now too.

sonic5d

Press Start Screen
Aug 7, 2023
If you have a minor question that can be answered in a post or two and doesn't require a discussion, please ask it here instead of making a thread for it.
If your post doesn't get an answer, it probably means nobody has one.
Here is my question:

I need some help. I'm searching for a Sonic fan made game I saw on YouTube about 3 or 4 years ago. This game was a 2D platformer and it had exactly one stage. Before the end of the stage, there is this huge spiked ball that chases you and if you get touched by it, regardless of your ring count, it's an automatic death. Does anything know the name of this unfinished game? It had a lot of potential. Please message me as soon as you can! Thanking you all in advance.