don't click here

Fan Game JO-Rush Classic

EX Beat

CAUTION: Raw LV.3's on wakeup
Oct 23, 2019
A match between myself and a CPU player. This is taken from Beta 0.4, and I plan to release Demo 0.5 in the near future.

EX Beat

Oct 23, 2019
Hello there everyone! This is the first JO-Rush Mini Direct! This video will cover changes coming in update 0.6, which will release in the near future.

EX Beat

Oct 23, 2019
I uploaded a montage of 0.6 gameplay changes on my channel.

Come check it out!

EX Beat

Oct 23, 2019

Early version of the "Cairo Rooftops" Stage, as well as the P2 Color for Jotaro.

EX Beat

Oct 23, 2019

Short look at the 1.0 remodel for Sonic. After 0.6, all currently playable characters will be getting a remodel.

EX Beat

Oct 23, 2019
Roadmap.png

Hey everyone. It's me, RetroX again. So, we're in the final few minutes of 2022. With 2023 fast approaching, you're all probably expecting 0.6 to drop tonight, or tomorrow. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to announce yet another delay.

Full transparency, a lot of my earlier estimates were based on my judgement of how quickly I could get certain things done. I greatly overestimated my abilities in this regard. With 0.6, I wanted to implement most of the core systems that the game will use going forward. While seeming easy to do at first, I greatly underestimated the difficulty of each task. That being said, while I can't give a specific release date, I am confident that 0.6 will be release either in the middle or end of January (and I mean it this time). I'd like to apologize for taking so long with the update, and I greatly appreciate everyone who've stuck with me thus far. You guys are the best!

Once 0.6 is out in the wild, the next major release will be version 1.0. 1.0 will possibly take longer to make than 0.6, as not only will I be remodeling, reanimating, and rebalancing the current roster, I'll also be adding in 4 more characters, updating system mechanics, and adding more features that will be covered in future updates. On top of that, I plan on shifting away from full time development on JO-Rush as a whole so I can focus on my original projects, meaning that updates for this project will get a bit slower. As of now, I estimate that 1.0 will release in the middle of, or the ladder half of 2023. More info on 1.0 will be released on both the official website, and in the for of Direct style videos on the official YouTube Channel.

In between 0.6 and 1.0, I also plan on releasing a side project called "JO-Rush: Prelude" I don't want to get into specifics just yet, but more info will be revealed at a later date.

With content updates out of the way, for the project's Social Media presence, the Twitter for the project is still up and active, so there's that. The official website and Youtube channel are both active, however they currently have little content to them. These will be updated in the future. At some point I will also create the project's official Discord server. Now when this will be? I'm not sure yet, but probably around the launch of 1.0 is when I'd say.

With all of that being said, enjoy the rest of your New Year, and I'll talk to you all later. Bye guys!

Reactions: datsonicbitch

EX Beat

Oct 23, 2019
I've uploaded a few of the tracks from the game's Soundtrack to the channel. Take a listen here:

EX Beat

Oct 23, 2019
Hey guys, here with a bit of an update. Version 0.6 was meant to release today, but a few technical problems have forced me to push the release back by a few extra days. I don’t have an exact estimate, but by next week it should be done (I think).

Though I feel that I should also announce another change. Over on the game’s GameJolt and Twitter pages, I would talk about and show off various changes being made for the future 1.0 release.

1.0 is still technically planned, but I’ve made the decision to completely rebuild the game from scratch after 0.6 is released.

This most recent technical problem (relating to Arcade mode if you’re wondering) has made me step back and look at the project as a whole in its current state. Knowing what I know about the engine I used for the game, the project file has become incredibly bloated with unnecessary data, which adds unnecessary time extensions to development. If I were to start over, this wouldn’t be a problem. I was initially hesitant, as there are additions I made to 0.6 that I would rather not have to recreate in a new build, I feel that now that I understand things better, I won’t have to spend several days trying to figure out how to get features I want to work.

This, combined with the fact that the engine I’m using will soon receive updates that add features that I wanted for the game, and the fact that 1.0 would make gameplay changes anyway, made me decide to restart development post-0.6.

This is why this thread is now titled “JO-Rush Classic”, as this is no longer (or I guess it will be no longer) the main build of the game.

I do hope that you all will enjoy 0.6 when it comes out (which is hopefully next week). If you followed the project on Twitter, GameJolt, or YouTube, firstly thank you, but secondly, 1.0 will probably take a lot longer to develop than initially intended.

That being said, thanks for following the thread, and I hope you all enjoy the game!

The next (and probably last) update from me on this thread will be on 0.6’s release.

EX Beat

Oct 23, 2019
Hey everyone. It won't be long until 0.6 drops (say about a week from now). Here's one last gameplay clip before launch.

EX Beat

Oct 23, 2019
Hello everyone! It is with great pleasure that I announce that Jo-Rush 0.6 has been released! The new build can be found here!

As stated before, this will be my last post on this thread. Future updates will continue on a new thread at a later date. Thank you all for following the development of Jo-Rush!