don't click here

Favorite version of Sonic?

Atomikku

OfirToeiSonicFan
Aug 29, 2017
Onett
atomikku123.deviantart.com
Ya know guys, Sonic has many versions, including Modern Sonic, Classic Sonic, Toei Sonic, Dreamcast Sonic, OVA Sonic, DiC Sonic, Sonic X Sonic, Boom Sonic and more...

My favorite version is (of course) Toei Sonic... What's your favorite version of Sonic?

TheStoneBanana

The Bananaman
Aug 13, 2017
In terms of personality, I'd say the 'Sonic the Comic' Sonic. He's just a complete asshole to everyone and it's pretty funny.
For style, I'd say Tyson Hesse's Sonic all the way.

Reactions: Sslaxx

Murasaki

Co-Creator of Sonic Utopia
Aug 29, 2017
Jam Sonic. He's got all the sensibility of the classics, but with a sleeker, more balanced build. I used to be alright with Modern because it vaguely resembled the Adventure games, but over time I became sick of the design. When I really looked back at the aesthetics the Saturn era had to offer, I decided that it was the closest to ideal.

Clouder

The one and only
Aug 29, 2017
Pre-Adventure Sonic, or as I like to call it, Saturn Sonic.

D

Deleted member 93

My favorite sonic is the one that runs fast. Jokes aside, I like s3k sonic the most.

Reactions: Atomikku

Shadow Rift

Marble Zone
Aug 29, 2017
Ya know guys, Sonic has many versions, including Modern Sonic, Classic Sonic, Toei Sonic, Dreamcast Sonic, OVA Sonic, DiC Sonic, Sonic X Sonic, Boom Sonic and more...

My favorite version is (of course) Toei Sonic... What's your favorite version of Sonic?
Toei Sonic

Reactions: Manni

InstantSonic

Green Hill Zone
Apr 27, 2017
I have to say, as far as character and attitude, OVA Sonic is the best. It really encapsuled his original attitude well, and had a pretty fun alternative to the Sonic CD story to boot, like, what if there weren't a Little Planet for Eggman to plan out to conquer? How would he use Metal Sonic? Well, there you have it. And it also gave us a little more insight to what was Planet Freedom, which was also an interesting take on the background of Sonic's world. Oh and Sara.

Reactions: StrawHatLuffy

StrawHatLuffy

Green Hill Zone
Sep 20, 2017
For 3D, it'd be Dreamcast Sonic. As I like how he's sort of the bridge between Classic and Modern. His more exaggerated and extreme style gives me vibes of a "90's Disney meets anime" look, which I think looked the coolest in terms of his Modern design:

But my favorite in general has to be the Toei Sonic design. It's definitely the coolest looking design Sonic has had to date. It properly balances out the cool factor and cute factor of Sonic's design, while being expressive, well proportioned and compact for a speedy character like Sonic. Perfect for great animations and badass poses like this iconic masterpiece (So wish we got a full anime in this style back then, btw):

Last edited: