don't click here

ATTENTION: "Sonic Gather Battle" fangame is malware

GerbilSoft

Administrator
Nov 3, 2017
gerbilsoft.com
The fangame "Sonic Gather Battle" is malware.

• If you attempt to search for "Hack" or similar keywords while the game is running, it will attempt to kill the browser.
  • If it thinks you're trying to tamper the game, it will remotely blacklist your system, and the only way to unblacklist it is to convince the developer that you're not trying to steal his precious sprites.
  • It exhibits a lot of other malware-like behavior, including storing a hash of your system information on a remote server, and creating a DLL file, loading it, and deleting it.
More information: https://www.reddit.com/r/SonicTheHe..._fangame_sonic_gather_battle_has_a_malicious/

This game was previously featured in SAGE 2016. Needless to say, the developer is now banned from SAGE.

YB-san

麻宮アテナ行きます〜!
Sep 18, 2017
i'm all for permission/credit with sprites and whatnot, but wow this guy's going really far with his garbage

Reactions: Sslaxx

BlueSpeedster

Eternal Mystery…
Oct 16, 2017
I used to find a way to play the game, but wow, the man behind it is like a baby that like owns everything that is in the fangame.
He is stupid, if he came in, prepare your pitchforks!

Sgn98

Green Hill Zone
Aug 9, 2018
Italy
stegon.blogspot.it
To my great good fortune, I never played it before it became aware of this shocking news, otherwise my personal data would certainly be at risk.

But then all this mess to protect in a miserable "his" sprites, and I put the quotes because they are not really his own, then maybe there may be some sprite made by him but I would still doubt.

BaconEgg

Green Hill Zone
Apr 3, 2018
Most of the sprites are just from sonic battle though, so why the malware? It’s kindof weird that someone would be that protective of their game files. You can get most games dumped online anyway. Also none of you mentioned they threw in a ton of creepypasta crap for when you try to hack the game. It’s actually funny.