don't click here

Whiskers & Wags Cleaning Co. - Demo

First thing you need to do after firing up this game is sweep a rug, then kiss your loving doggo husband with the game title flaring up over the door just next to you. From that point on I already knew this is fantastic. This is all the storytelling this game ever needs.

Graphics, music and sound effects (interesting use of lip02.wav) are all nailed and flow together extremely well. Basic combos are highly satisfying even if you're as horrible at hack'n slash games as I am which is just another testament at how great it is. My only gripe is that Twinkelen can sometimes reach speeds that feel very disjointed to the otherwise very boxed-in environment around her. Case in point how you can slide on furniture but jumping from one over to the other requires the tiniest tap of the jump key in the world so you won't overshoot then the room ends and you slam into a wall.

I also appreciate the neat little details such as how you can hold Spacebar as you enter a room not only to check where you're headed but to bust in the door and start a combo with it ("housekeeping!"). The gigantic dust bunny gave me trouble for a while until I could realize you can spam it down with poof bombs; the game gives you lots of options on how to deal with the enemies.

There were a few frankly game-breaking GMS errors, one when you start the game and it immediately doesn't recognize one of Twinkelen's grabs, the other on Stage 2 bathroom when a dust bunny throws an error in a step event while getting hit, making it unable to take damage and thus softlock the game.

But I'm still giving five stars because french cat maid and dog paps is best ship and no amount of errors or me being bad at it can convince me otherwise. :emoji_heartpulse:
Reactions: Aw0
Aw0
Aw0
Thanks for playing! :D Feedback has been noted. The upcoming patch will (hopefully) address a lot of these issues