don't click here

Veredilia: The Sacred Forest

General Information

Hello there, and welcome to:

Veredilia: The Sacred Forest is a 2D platforming game that takes inspiration from classic platformers such as Sonic, and fighting games like Mortal Kombat. You can take control of one of 3 characters, each with their own special moves. Solve puzzles, uncover secrets, and slash your way to victory, before it's too late. Do you have what it takes?

This is the first ever original game I have ever attempted at making.

This SAGE demo only contains 1 playable character (Rein the Caribou) and 1 playable stage (Misty Viewside) for you to try out. More content such as new stages and new playable characters will be added into the game. Please keep in mind that this demo contains assets which are either placeholder or unfinished.

If you would like to support the game and follow its progress, please be sure to give the official Twitter page a follow, subscribe to us on YouTube, and join the Discord server where you get to see progress of the game, and other bonus goodies! Also, make sure to give the GameJolt and itch.io pages a follow!

Veredilia Twitter

Discord Server

YouTube Channel

GameJolt Page

itch.io Page

Welcome to Veredilia, a mystical and peaceful forest, and the centre of all things living. Now under attack by a mysterious and cunning evil overlord, he wants to conquer it so that all will bow to him at his command, and rule it for all eternity. Are you able to guard the forest and stop his tyranny before it's too late?

Game Developer: Gigabyte Studios
Sprites/Art: giga6152, placeholders come from various sources (Some graphics are either placeholder or unfinished)
Music composed by: Nitrosparxx

Voices:
Rein the Caribou: giga6152

Beta testers:
Komic, Teesoar

rein1.png
rein3.png
rein4.png
rein9.png
dialogue1.png
dialogue2.png

Comments

This game was pretty fun!

My biggest gripe was with the swordplay. Enemies took one more hit than I expected of them, and I think there should be a Zero-styled spin attack in the air.

Otherwise, I like how the character spoke during gameplay. Textboxes during these convos take up a bit too much of the screen, but it sucks me into the world and its characters.

This game was pretty fun!

My biggest gripe was with the swordplay. Enemies took one more hit than I expected of them, and I think there should be a Zero-styled spin attack in the air.

Otherwise, I like how the character spoke during gameplay. Textboxes during these convos take up a bit too much of the screen, but it sucks me into the world and its characters.
Thanks a lot for your feedback! It's really appreciated. We are working on a new revision of this game, and there are plans for new additions, new playable characters, more content, as well as have those bugs and problems resolved. Otherwise, once again, thank you so much for your feedback.

Item information

Added by
giga6152
Views
Comments
Last update

More in Original Games

• Sole Iron Tail
    Slide and charge as fast as you can using your special tail!
  • ChronoVenture
    Overview ChronoVenture is a momentum-based Gameboy-style platformer...
  • AdventNEON
    Action platformer with tons of dashing, smash combos and powerscaling
  • The Great Frebbventure
    An action-platform adventure that combines the best of retro and modern...
  • Skye Revival
    Go through levels and defeat your foes with a wide variety of attacks

More from giga6152

Share this item