don't click here

Super Mario 127

General Information

Super Mario 127 is a fan-made sequel to the game Super Mario 63. It will contain a remake of the original campaign from Super Mario 63 and our unique campaign, all created inside of our Level Designer.

Complete various platforming challenges to collect all the Shine Sprites. Super Mario 127 has versatile movement, allowing for excellent control over Mario. New moves such as the wall-jump appear here, something that was lacking in Super Mario 63. Use F.L.U.D.D.'s nozzles to reach new heights, along with the various powerups which give Mario special properties and abilities. Invite a friend to play, as this game supports Multiplayer.

When you aren't running and jumping, you can sit back and relax while you design your very own levels in our powerful level designer! Various quality of life aspects are inside like auto-tiling, hotkeys, and simplicity. When your level is completed, you may share the codes around the world! Want to take design to the next level? Try the occasional Design Contests we host on our Discord. Super Mario 127 will be supported by Level Share Square on its completion, which will make level sharing and playing a breeze.

For more information, visit our Itch.io page.
For event and updates, visit our Discord.
Reactions: SonicXkid and Ice

Comments

Hey! i wanna know: would you add a toggle to add the spin attack from the old game (executed by spamming the left and right arrow keys)?

Hey! i wanna know: would you add a toggle to add the spin attack from the old game (executed by spamming the left and right arrow keys)?
During one of the previous demos, some of the players who tried to speedrun a specific sample level experienced many inconveniences with the left-right spin, as it heavily contrasted against the wall jumping mechanic where the left and right keys are pressed. It was removed in the next update and it was decided that the left-right spin wasn't essential for the game.

SAGE 2021 is how I first found out about this fangame, and needless to say, I was excited. Super Mario 63 was my childhood, and hearing that there was a sequel/remake coming out had me excited. I figured I'd write a review of it, since this is something I'm really happy to see.

Story/Writing: There isn't a sequel for the 127 campaign yet, from what I've seen. However, the original 63 campaign will be included, from what I've gathered from folks on the game's Discord. The original story was simple: Bowser's kidnapped Peach and shattered the Shine Orb that provides power to the castle, leaving all the doors locked. Now, Mario has to search for the missing Shine Sprites, while Bowser searches for something himself: a mysterious "Orb of Power" that will allow him to put his most diabolical plan yet into action. It's your usual Mario story, and I don't think changes need to be made.

Visuals: The entire game's visual style has been redone. I like the new style, as well as the changes made to certain parts. Mario's spin now has a visual indicator for when the button is pressed, level terrain is more detailed, and Silver Stars are replaced with Shine Shards. There are also replacements for the different star powerups: the Wing Feather replaces the Wing Cap, the Steel Gear replaces the Metal Cap, and the Ghost Pepper replaces the Vanish Cap. They all do the same thing, of course.

Gameplay: The gameplay was where the original SM63 shone brightest. Much like how the Super Mario 3D series (3D Land/3D World) play like a 2D Mario game in a 3D plane, 63 played like a 3D game in a 2D plane. Jump into the different sandbox worlds, find the Shine Sprites within, and go confront Bowser once you have enough. And a lot of the garbage from 3D Mario was gone: Blue Coins are more like 64 than Sunshine, and there are no 100-coin missions. Another thing that made the game special was its moveset; Mario had nearly his whole moveset from previous 3D Mario games, excluding the punch, long jump, and wall jump. He had his dive, but he also had the spin from Super Mario Galaxy (which would continue if the button was held, but with only the first second of it dealing damage/hovering) and FLUDD from Super Mario Sunshine, complete with Rocket, Turbo, and Hover nozzles. You could even hold all three nozzles at once if you found them! You could also find Star Coins hidden in the levels, which unlocked bonuses. You could find Level Designer packs, Shine Sprites, or even unlockable characters through finding these, and there was a handy chart to make sure they weren't forgotten like Blue Coins.

Super Mario 127 takes the original 63 moveset and amplifies it: Mario's jump feels way more solid and satisfying to use, the spin can now be used multiple times in midair like in New SMB, and there's now a wall jump. The level designer is also vastly improved, allowing players to create bigger levels than the original without placing breaks in between. The demo includes multiple sample levels made specifically for the new game, and they take advantage of the new systems. The best part is that the level designer is fully operational in the demo! You can create as many levels as you want, share them as codes, and get codes from others to paste into your own game.

In conclusion: A worthy successor to SM63. I have really high hopes for this game.

Item information

Added by
Link
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Fan Games

Share this item