don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Super Freaks 1 Ultimate Edition (2022 Demo)

Just realized I forgot to rate this lmao

Man, I don't know where to start, the game is really fun, the character designs are great, and the small community we formed is amazing too. I really love the overall vibe that this game puts out, it's one of the games that I would want to put on my phone and play in class. Can't wait to continue the freak grind! ;)
One of the games ever. Jokes aside, i LOVE Super Freaks 1 UE. Everything about it feels right, from the early 2000s game feel, to the controls, to the levels.... its incredible.
Reactions: SuperFreaksDev
The jumping on enemies, and their bounce off the screen is super satisfying! I actually love the old-school Game Maker styled art, and got a good chuckle from the sound effects.

The game also has solid, snappy controls! I do wish there was perhaps a run button, just to speed up the platforming a little bit, but I can't find any glaring issues with the game. Nice work!
The best way I can depict this game is like a cheeseburger and fries, sure it's nothing too crazy or cool but it is good for what it is and it works well, but like a cheeseburger it doesn't last long.

Nevertheless, you did a good job.
i really like when funny video game does it's funny video game thing, which conveniently happens at frequent periods of time
Yes, at first glance it looks like a really classic 2D platformer. But don't make that stop you from going further in the game.

This game is actually a little gem of level design. Every level feels new and fresh and the classic platforming formula is well used to give a ton of different situations.

If I had only one wish, it would be to have better art and animations. It would really improve the overhaul experience in my opinion.
First of all, let me establish: I am very biased. This creator's early work is part of what got me into Game Maker in the first place, and showed me there was something worth learning there. With that out of the way, the game.

It's hard to describe what makes this game so fun concisely, because what makes it so impressive is that it has just about everything, and functions perfectly, despite being a mostly one-button game. Rail grinding? Check. SMW-style climbable fences? Check. Walljumping? Check. Functional water? Check. Feature-complete local multiplayer? Check. You've got springs. And hooks. And launch rings. And climbable poles. And collectibles you need to grab on a time. And collectibles you need to grab in order. You've got the NSMBWii bubble feature, and the Knuckles Chaotix tether (as a completely optional feature!,) and a one-life challenge, and a level randomizer challenge. And you know what? That's not even every feature!

Despite only having a jump button, you'll be dealing with ferris wheels and pendulums (of both the platform and hurtful spiked pineapple varieties) over long drops and damaging pits in the very first stage. And somehow, it makes the whole thing completely manageable. That's my glowing review: it is an utter clusterfudgsicle of ideas and mechanics, and yet it works as smoothly as the introductory level of an official Mario game. I did not die once on the first two stages.