don't click here

Sonic Utopia Early Demo

For a demo that was released years ago, it is still enjoyable to play. I love the combination of Classic Sonic´s designs and open world of the Adventures games ( more likely Sonic Adventure 1). Hopefully we get a modern Sonic game with some similar mechanics and this fangame done.

Good job guys!
The only thing I have to say is that in a future update, could you make this compatible with PlayStation controllers please? (Duelshock4)
(also, I'm on windows 10 and don't really know how to turn the camera all by myself, so I let the game do it. But I would really like to use a PlayStation controller as well. When I plugged it in, square was jump, X was peel out, R2 was pause, the joystick for moving worked but the camera kept spinning above Sonic's head. I could press L2 but that sends the camera spinning in the other way. Any help to enable the PlayStation controller to work will be greatly appreciated, Thanks :))
Probably the best 3D sonic fan game I have played. The music is great. Sonic controls really well and 1st act is great. Can't wait till the full game comes out.
Great Lange
Great Lange
Yes you can. The game supports both joystick and mouse for camera control.
I'm at a lost for words. When I saw this game I had to make an account just to share my thoughts to such a wonderful product. This game has showed something far beyond the current sonic games by SEGA. The remix of green hill zone is beautiful, the graphics are beautiful, everything about this game is beautiful! I've never expected to have such an amazing feel when I went up a ramp and looked around the map. I can't wait to see the full product. Please keep this up!
The best 3d Game of Sonic that ever has been created.
This is how I imagined Sonic 1 in 3D. I wish there were more Zones but the game is beautiful!
When I started up the game with my friend, we joked that this felt like Sonic meets Breath of the Wild, thinking we could pretty much go anywhere that was in sight.

Turns out, we weren't totally far off - there was way more to explore than I could have imagined! Even though the world felt kind of barren (perhaps more enemies and/or obstacles to fill it?), it was a blast to find 'the end' of the stage. After I was convinced there wasn't one (unless I missed something), it was still so much fun to travel and find new hidden places. Also, the music was such a pleasure to listen to - it's upbeat and simultaneously relaxing. Kudos!

Only one point of criticism - might be a bug, but when I started the game up a second time, the camera was locked and zoomed into Sonic's back until I quit and reset (photo below).

Otherwise, amazing job to the team!

Capture.JPG
Why Isn't This Just Amazing! Its One Of The Best Classic Sonic Fan Games Ever Made! Amazing Work!
Reactions: Damian
the game overall is VERY good. however, for some reason when i use my Xbox 360 controller and press the A button, it pauses before jumping, and i have to unpause for it to jump. please fix that bug.
this is honestly imo the best example of 3D Sonic Game, it translates almost everything that was good about in the 2D Sonic games in to 3D and proves that it is more then possible to do so. sure the level design here is mostly a play ground, but damn that is one fun play ground to explore. can't wait for the next level because I am sure we have not seen everything yet
Reactions: Battle Ox
This Game is so Amazing i hope to see the Full Game in the Future:D
Reactions: Damian
I really love the game and how it so open :emoji_grinning:
This is such an amazing project. Not only it looks great and sounds great, but it also plays wonderfully. Makes you really wonder if this is how a classic Sonic game would play in 3D.