don't click here

Sonic The Hedgehog Journey (SAGE 2018 DEMO)

._______. this game is made in MS paint or clickteam fusion?
que muera el juego apestosidad que me repujna
This game is rendered nigh unplayable by its level terrain. Instead of being tile-based with smooth slopes, the level assets were sloppily cut out of preexisting screenshots. The parts of the levels that were supposed to slope are jagged, and can't be walked up. Sonic stumbles on his way down.

The parts of the level that were supposed to be be flat terrain against walls were trimmed wrong as well, meaning Sonic will attempt to walk down the bevels of each step and faceplant into the floor below.

Once I reached stage 2, I just died over and over again as soon as the stage began. But, for whatever reason, the victory screen played OVER the Game Over screen. I wish I was recording.
This is just OK. Nit good not bad it's just OK. I think it has a lot of potential but yeah. Anyway...

Presentation: Eww. Why did you draw the banner in MS Paint? Just use premade art by Sega please...

Gameplay: It's Sonic Worlds what do I say other than it's decent.

Level Design: Meh. It's OK. Not the best thing ever but it'll pass.

Overall: 3/5 Has potential but it's just OK now.
Not bad, but well lucky on the next time.

Attachments

GreenTopHat
GreenTopHat
why do you enjoy this
I'm not sure what you were going for, but the sprites are all jittery, the first act is extremely short and upon entering the second act you die immediately. So yeah, not sure if this is a joke game or what but... this is a pretty bad game in a sea of games trying new and exciting things.
Reactions: TheGreenGuy
can use some work but good enough for me