don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Sonic Super Jam (SAGE '22 demo)

General Information

Sonic Super Jam, formally known as Sonic Open World Style, will be a collection of experiments and projects I'd like to do with Sonic using the Open Beats of Rage engine. Much of what I submitted before hasn't been touched but Sonic ZX is the newest addition. Here's the basic rundown of each mode:

• Open World Style - The original demo made to experiment with an MMO style settings. You run across Stardust speedway completing objectives till you reach the end for a boss battle.
  • Metal Fall - A demo I made based on the Ark Fall events from Defiance, where players drive into areas where these things called arks have landed and you fight enemies at each point, and most of the time, more and more players would show up as you drive to each area. Metal Fall is pretty much you and a bunch of NPCs fighting armies of enemies, with a speed sequence between each battle.
  • Sonic Defense - an old demo I included here based on tower defense games. You have a device that spawns chao to the field and will walk towards the closest enemy spawner and attack it. Badniks will attack the chao and if not stopped, will destroy the chao spawner. You work with the chao to take out the spawners, which come back over time, till you take out the main badnik spawner, which will take you to the next stage. There's 3 in all.
Sonic ZX - The main purpose for this submission. Sonic and friends move much faster here, their attacks have special effects that give you longer range, and their special moves are more powerful. This is based on a number of games and other stuff I looked at. Much of this mode was designed after Gunstar Heroes and Contra Hard Corps, where you have a lot of randomly spawning enemies but they can be taken down easily, usually in one hit, it's only the bigger ones you have to worry about. A PC game called Nelo also plays a part in this, where the title character not only moves fast but attacks with a set of floating hand that create special effects and give him longer range, that's what the normal attacks are based on here. And last, the special moves are based on a Mugen video I watched where two OP characters fought each other and spammed their special moves.

There's 7 stages in all, the last one taking a different turn then the rest. You'll also have NPCs helping you throughout parts of the game. The overall goal is high speed combat, making this a bit less then a standard beat'em up and more of an action game. Be sure to set up your controls in the options menu, there's 4 attack buttons, the first attack being your main combo and the other 3 are free specials, which take some of your MP, and a special button which will take some of your HP if you don't have enough MP.

As of now, Sonic ZX is fully complete yet. All 7 level are there with the Final Boss, most of the missing content is small odds and ends that wont effect the game much and mostly towards the end, like the lack of a a real ending, and do to some changes I had to make with coding, could be some special effects not working right. I also planned on adding more characters to the roster but hadn't gotten to them. If able I'll update the demo soon with these few missing features. For now, Sonic ZX will be considered v0.9.

EDIT as of 9/2/22 - Fixed a few bugs I ran into while testing today, one that actually did crash the game due to a missing boss. If you already have the game, just replace the file in the paks folder with the one in this rar file and you're good to go, and if you got far enough to run into the game crashing bug, just go to load game and select Sonic ZX and you're good to go. You'll have to play the previous section again if you did get that far.

Comments

Item information

Added by
DJGameFreakTheIguana
Views
Comments
Last update
Rating
3.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More in Fan Games

More from DJGameFreakTheIguana

Share this item