don't click here

Sonic Recharged - [SAGE 2018 DEMO]

First thing off when booting the game is inconsistent key mapping in the menus, and then in the pause button, which is not the biggest of deals...
There are some "downgraded" mania sprites, which I absolutely love, and secondary running sprites you can select, which are also a neat feature, if this were my game I'd consider making them default for their uniqueness to the game.
It has other neat features like the cutscenes, stage visuals, music, badniks and all, as much as some of them weren't made by the team, the justaposition and use of them is what makes it unique. But it needs some reworking. I really liked the ACME Canyon boss.
The level design, is many times unfair, with badly placed enemies and spikes. A good tip is having the player slowdown and have time to react to enemies and not place them where the player can just run free. It also reuses the example boss from SWDelta.
Reactions: Spindash12
The engine and the physics is the mayor problem, this have potential, lucky on the next sage.
Yeah I'm sorry to say but this wasn't very enjoyable. The levels that have obstacles have them in very unfair places. Such as spikes facing you, or an enemy you can't see right after a boost pad.

The bosses are just... honestly they're just awful. In the first boss for Acme Canyon, if you let it go off screen, it doesn't come back and you soft lock. Plus it takes a ridiculously long time to beat since you can only beat it once... (or maybe twice if you're super fast) when it's vulnerable.

The Robotnik one was even worse. He never stops shooting bombs. There's no pattern to learn or anything like that, he just spams them. Just because you're constantly being hit by a boss, doesn't mean it's a good difficult boss. There was no other way but to damage boost through that one. Then at one point, I died as Knuckles and the game froze.

The one good thing I liked was the levels looked quite nice. I just couldn't get over the glitches, bosses and unfair layouts.
Reactions: Polymath
This game seems like a mixed bag right now, with some rather fun levels but also with some really odd and possibly even unfair levels. The Sky Chase-esque zone was very confusing at first because it doesn't use the same control scheme as Sonic 2 and Mania, it seems to be an auto-scroll where you can really only move up and down and jump. Not really a fan of it but I appreciate the effort to try and make those type of levels at least different. The bosses aren't very good in my opinion, ranging from very confusing to outright unfair where you have to just damage boost to win.

Honestly though, I can't bash the game too much, I like the selection of music and the tilesets chosen for the levels are good. Sometimes the level design actually does work in a clever way, there's plenty of secrets item boxes to find and branching pathways. Its a good start, but I'd like to see some improvement. Can't wait to see what comes next!
I've awaited the relase of this game for so long...
i lierally broke up with my gf because of the time i passed with the phone in my hands awating for news about the development.
i'll be honest with you, downloading this beauty is mandatory, you will realize that your life was empty without it, that the time you spent NOT playing this, was wasted time.
I love it, it became my life, my religion, the main reason i keep living for,
and i know, if you reading this will give it a chance, it will change your life too.