don't click here

Sonic Explorers (Beta Release)

This game gets poor because the game doesn't have any options at all and I got it in windowed mode by a simple shortcut with target parameters. There is a run button which makes turning worse. MIDI music. Bad geometry. Springs don't work. Ramps don't work so you can't complete the game. Feels like no one even playtested it.
This is a really well built Sonic engine. I feel like Sonic could go a little faster, but as far as controls and camera go, this one is pretty solid. I enjoyed just exploring around the area, and although honestly, the layout didn't look much like a Sonic game, it was fun to poke around in.

I look forward to future installments.
Adam Kareem
Adam Kareem
Thanks for the feedback! I'm currently incorporating it for the next build :)
This is a pretty solid start here, the visuals are on point aside from some animation errors, my only real complaint is the lack of camera controls and the way Sonic handles. I feel the run button is a bit unnecessary and the lack of a homing attack makes certain things harder to hit.

Keep up the good work though!
Adam Kareem
Adam Kareem
Thanks for the tips! Yeah I'm going to ditch the run button for the next build. Might use it for boosting instead, or leave it altogether. (BTW Fia you're "dash drift" mechanic is wonderful!)
Awesome! but 2 things. 1. sonic is a bit stiff when turning at high speeds. I really think a drift mechanic would work well cause I keep running into corners even when fully pulling back in the opposite direction. 2. I think there's a bug. running into an already completed checkpoint respawns all the gems and resets timer. but gem count doesn't change. it's theoretically possible to farm the same gems over and over again this way.
Adam Kareem
Adam Kareem
Thanks for the good points! Yeah I'm going to remove the run button (maybe make it for "boost" instead) and make him overall easier to turn at high speeds. And thanks for catching that bug!