don't click here

Sonic AGES SAGE 2017 Alpha

The animation is a sight to behold. The tutorial stage alone is great because of how original the theme is, and how cool it is to see pencils, erasers and protractors shape the level design! The gameplay itself is solid, with Sonic controlling very smoothly. My only criticism is that the main level becomes repetitive after a couple of minutes in, and I didn't feel like I was being challenged in any new ways afterwards. (More enemies and harmful obstacles might be the solution in that regard). Otherwise, really fun to try out, and I appreciate the visual humour included here and there...
Place Holder.JPG
The style is really great. It includes smooth and clean graphics. I just keep replaying it because of how good it looks. Keep it up.
The games is bassically cool but lag a little in my pc need a little optimization
This is a decent fangame. But it could be SO much more. I love the style, and the hand drawn animations and stuff, but it seems like there could be more animations. But the level design is horrible. It also needs different types of enemies or at least more because I only saw like one type.
Foxeh
Foxeh
yeah that was expected for rushing for sage. more things will get added slowly on.
To the creator of this new game i have seen the video gameplays and the animation the way he moves lands runs etc. Let me tell u i only made this account b/c i wanted to let u know to keep going man this makes me remember why i love sonic!! And why i wanted to play his games!! The details of how he moves is what sega has forgotten about i believe. To me their games still feel corny the way they make him walk and move around but i would play b/c i would hope one day they would get it right! & now they should definetly help u out. I believe u have captured what they have been missing all these years! Lol I would totally buy this if it was on ps4 or any system!! Keep the updates going! Looking foward to this new gameplay and visuals!
Reactions: Foxeh
The game's visuals, are great, and I really like the hand-drawn sketchbook like animation. Unfortunately, there was some really unfair enemy placement to where the player has no control over whether they get hit or not, particularly springs propelling you into an enemy you can't see or react to. Other than that, I thought the level design was actually rather good. I can see a lot of potential if these frustrating bits were ironed out.
Reactions: Foxeh
Foxeh
Foxeh
haha, I've been thinking in the back of my head about changing where some of the enemies are placed (Specifically during the top and low routes near the end ). That'll be part of the changes later because they are pretty cheap lol
I like where this is going, I like the art and animations, and from what you've said in the description it looks like this can shape up to be a great fan game. That being said it does need work. The level design got stale after awhile, and I ran into a glitch where I got stuck in a damage animation while bouncing on springs. I very much liked how you did the tutorial as well. That was pretty cool. I can't wait to see more of this game though, keep it up.
The presentation is pretty good stuff. Some animations were a bit underwhelming, and the landscape got kinda lousy what with everything repeating, but I didn't dislike the direction it was headed. Throw in some print style/pop art coloring, or even 80's anime shading, and you could have a really good looking game here! The gameplay was a mixed bag for me. Since the tiles were so repetitive, everything kind of looked the same, so I couldn't really gauge were I was in the level. Perhaps some level decor might have helped. The object placement was pretty obtrusive, stuff like springs just hanging out in the middle of a path. The controls were fine, but I had a couple problems getting through the level. I actually got stuck at one point due to Sonic's damage state not resetting upon contact with a spring. I liked this entry, and I think with a little work it could be even better.