don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Sonic 3: "Other Circumstance"

General Information

Sonic 3: "Other Circumstance"

Thesis :emoji_book:

We all know about Sonic 3 and it's connection with it's second part in form of Sonic & Knuckles. But what about the rest of the remaining stuff? Has anyone thought about the meaning of the zones from the competition mode and what they could hide from us?Well, if you have, then good news for you…

What is it all about?
🧐

Sonic 3: "Other Circumstance"
is a fan game, in which the action takes place in a different place than the original Sonic 3, so we call it an alternative version of it.

In this game, you'll see how could've the game change, if Sonic & Tails didn't get the last, unknown from them, the seventh Chaos Emerald, and how that could've affect Dr. Robotnik's plan on the Death Egg recovery in Launch Base Zone…

Playable Content
🎮

In the current demo you are able to:
  • Complete all new introductory stage!
  • You'll be able to understand how everything led to other circumstances.
Controls are:
Arrows - movement
A - Action Button
S - Cancel Button
Enter/X - Pause (works only on keyboard)
- and + buttons - window resizing
F2 - Restart

Gamepads are also working, though there might be a problem with bluetooth ones. Try connecting it using a wire.

You can follow the future updates of the project on our GameJolt page:

We are in need for level designers and sprite artist.
We would be happy to have new people in our team!
For further questions dm me in discord: NeoNote#8639

Latest reviews

I'll be waiting on what this game will be like in the future, but this demo right now feels unnecessary. Demo's point should be showing basically what the game will be like. I don't think that the full game will consist of only surfing. Not to mention the stage kinda felt too long, but that's a personal nitpick.
NeoNote
NeoNote
Hi,
Thanks for your review!

Our goal here was to gain attention to the project. We're in need for people rn, those who are interested probably went and followed us on gamejolt for further updates. I just wrote a basic idea which we are pursuing as well as actively discussing in a private conversation.

Also SAGE thesis was that it's not a competition, here we just share things we made for fun, so I don't see any problem with that.

About surfing, it's that long, because I just did not have time to make more obstacles due to real life issues, so I just uploaded the last version we had with a few additional things like disclaimer, end screen and sage logo.

Comments

Obviously there's not a lot to comment on in terms of level design just yet, but graphically you're doing all the right things. Promising.

This is really cool, I love the presentation. Two big issues though, first off there's only support for DirectInput controllers, and not for Xinput [DirectInput is what a lot of third party controllers use, Xinput is Microsoft's borderline monopolistic encoder that official Xbox controllers have used since 360], that's what the controller problem is, not anything to do with bluetooth vs wired. Another thing, I know this is just a demo, but the surfing section needs to be shortened A LOT, down to like 30 seconds max. It's a cool way to start the game, but dragging it out so long caused Vietnam flashbacks of all the boring ass Sky Chase zones over the years. An auto scroller isn't a death sentence for a Sonic game, but if you wanna start yours with one, it needs to be a lot shorter.
Otherwise, rock on man! I really like that YM2612 rendition of Eggman's 06 theme.

Item information

Added by
NeoNote
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
3.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games

More from NeoNote