don't click here

Sonic 3 A.I.R. - SAGE 2019 Update

Project Overview

sonic3air_sage2019logo_3.png

Overview
Sonic 3 - Angel Island Revisited (Sonic 3 A.I.R.) is an unofficial port of Sonic 3 & Knuckles for Windows PCs.
It very closely resembles the original game, but adds features you would only expect from a modern fan game engine - including full support for 16:9 widescreen display, alpha transparency effects, and smooth 360° rotation.
Since early 2019, the port of all original game zones is complete and Sonic 3 A.I.R. receives frequent updates since then, including a lot of new features and game options.

Features
  • The complete Sonic 3 & Knuckles campaigns in 16:9 widescreen
  • Fully overhauled Blue Sphere stages in constant 60 FPS
  • Time Attack mode in almost all zones & acts
  • Remastered soundtrack by DJ Spindash
  • Many options to change the game as you like to play it
  • A whole bunch of achievements
  • Unlockables extras including Knuckles & Tails combo, Drop Dash, and Super Peel-Out
  • Controller support (Xbox, PS4 and many more)
  • Modding capabilities including music & sprite mods
What's new?
The SAGE 2019 update brings all the game additions and improvements from recent game updates, including the Super Peel-Out as an unlockable, the extended camera (similar to the one from Sonic CD), monitor randomization, more music options, and additional achievements.

bluespheregame01.png

Plus it adds some completely new stuff:
  • The complete Blue Sphere game with its over 130.000.000 generated stages (needs to be unlocked)
  • An option to exchange the special stages with a random selection of the generated Blue Sphere stages
  • Max. Control Time Attack with all of Sonic's abilities (needs to be unlocked)
  • Character palette modding support, for those of you interested in modding - or in using mods

Requirements
Sonic 3 A.I.R. is built on top of the Sonic 3 & Knuckles Steam version. Being a direct port of the original game code, it gets most of its data from the ROM that is part of this Steam release.
So in order to play, owning the S3&K Steam game is a requirement.
Other than that, you only need a PC with Windows 7 or higher.

Download
Get the latest update from the project homepage: http://sonic3air.org
Direct download: http://sonic3air.org/downloadsage.php
Please note the requirements above!

If you encounter graphics issues in the game (like large black bars), try switching to the Software Renderer in the options.

Screenshots and media!

Credits

Sonic 3 A.I.R. was developed by Eukaryot.
Remastered music created by DJ Spindash.

Using content from Sonic 3 & Knuckles by Sonic Team®. Plus the original Sonic 2 Super Sonic Theme and Boss Music from Sonic 1 & 2 by Masato
Nakamura.

Additional credits go to:
• Hyllian for creating the xBRZ pixel filter
• MarkeyJester, Linncaki and Flamewing for the documented S&K sound driver
disassembly

Special thanks to:
• Fred Bronze / Neo for sharing lots of interesting technical insights in his Sonic 3 Unlocked
blog
• MainMemory for investigating on the details of Sonic Mania‘s Drop Dash
• ValleyBell for his research and software on Genesis / Mega Drive music
• All contributors to the great community-made documentations at sonicretro.org which
helped a lot getting the code porting started (especially the RAM Editing docs)
• Saxman and his ProSonic project – a huge inspiration in the early days of Sonic 3 A.I.R.
• Jermaphobe and Thorn for their invaluable feedback and throrough testing
• And everyone else supporting this project on Twitter and other media by giving feedback
and reporting bugs!

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Item information

Added by
Eukaryot
Views
Last update

More in SAGE 2019 [Archive]

More from Eukaryot

Share this item