don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Project After: Shadow Theory SAGE '22

General Information

After falling from the Ark space colony, Shadow finds himself in a strange place. Which creates the feeling that the world is both unreal and real at the same time. Maybe it's just a fall injury? Or...

Controls:
A - Chaos Blast
X - Teleportation
Z - Melee Attack
LCtrl - Lock on target

Menu.png
Screen.png
Screen1.png
Screen2.png

Latest reviews

Shouldn't have released a demo to SAGE in this state, to be honest. The gameplay is very rough, can't even attack enemies. Sound mixing (rings in particular) is bad. The 3D textures are not a good pick for a 2D game, feels like a clash. Can't speak positively about this right now. However, I hope something will eventually turn out of it.
SAGE 22 - Sonic Fan Game 13 out of 69 - Project After: Shadow Theory
Short, but rather lacking for a demo.

I'm not gonna judge this based on its length, but from what I played through this demo. It's quite rough.
Controls are alright, except for the fighting. Shadow's melee attack is useless since the enemy hits you more often than you hitting it. Chaos Blast is kinda better suited for taking out enemies but not by much because of its very short range that isn't even a circle around you so you can hit enemies below. It's better to just avoid enemies instead of trying to attack them because the reward is often not worth the effort. Oh right, and teleportation doesn't really have a benefit either.
Rings being the source of HP is an interesting concept that I think could use some tweaking to turn out well. But it doesn't really matter much when instakill spikes and pits are gonna be the death of you anyways.
Also, the sprites are really buggy with so much shifting all over the place

It may sound like I'm being harsh on this game, but I do think a sidescroller Shadow the Hedgehog game could work wonders. It just needs some time so it can reach that mark.
Kurosawa Aoi
Kurosawa Aoi
Thank you so much for your feedback, now I am motivated to make this project to the end, and to polish it as much as possible. I will try to release updates every week on Itch, and I will try to complete it by the next SAGE, if not completely, then half for sure. (since I have extensive plans)

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Item information

Added by
Kurosawa Aoi
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
2.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games