don't click here

Game Maker Studio 2 Orbinaut Framework

Overview

ORBINAUT FRAMEWORK 2
FAST. LIGHT. POWERFUL.

image.png

ABOUT ORBINAUT FRAMEWORK
Orbinaut Framework is an easy to use* classic Sonic framework, made for GameMaker Studio 2. Solid accuracy, improvements, optional tweaks: it is all there and is waiting for you.​

*In case you're experienced with GameMaker and/or coding in general. If you have no idea what you're doing, please, do not start with Orbinaut. Start with tutorials.

FEATURES
  • THREE PLAYABLE CHARACTERS. Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are here, and their super forms as well;​
  • ACCURATE PHYSICS. Physics are 99% identical to the classics;​
  • ACCURATE COLLISION. Tile and object collision methods were faithfully re-created. It is all custom, there is no in-built GMS collision is used at all;​
  • FRAMEWORK TWEAKS. Gameplay abilities, differences between the classic games and even our own improvements, it is all toggleable;​
  • PALETTE SHADER. Underwater palette and palette cycles are possible with a bunch of functions, with full transparancy support;​
  • DISTORTION EFFECTS. Custom distortion effect can be installed for your GameMaker runtime, providing the default distortion data for both background and foreground, with ability of making your own;​
  • SIMPLE ARCHITECTURE AND STRUCTURE. Code is easy to read, it is formated, commented and the project files are organized the way you will never get problems to work with;​
  • SOLID OPTIMISATION. Orbinaut runs the best it can, providing the best possible performance for your device;​
  • CUSTOM SOFTWARE. We provide two utilities that will help your to work with Orbinaut: Collision Editor, to generate custom stage collision data, and Data Generator, to quickly generate data for sloped objects or distoriton effects from images;​
DOWNLOAD
Visit our GitHub to download the framework! The latest release includes the project file, Collision Editor, Data Generator, a compiled build of the project for those from don't have GameMaker installed, custom effect and installation guide​
SOCIAL MEDIA
We're posting updates and stuff currently being worked on our Twitter, make sure to follow us!​

PROJECTS MADE WITH ORBINAUT FRAMEWORK

Latest reviews

Pros: Easy to use
Cons: None that I've run into
I love that this is for Game Maker. Ty ty
a framework in GameMaker studio 2?! , cool!
Pros: Fells like Classic Sonic!
THIS GAME IS SO GOOD IT'S AS GOOD AS THE RETRO ENGINE AHHHHH

Comments

Using a Super Peelout here consistently causes you to become a ghost and pass through all collision... resulting in you hitting the death plane. [SFGHQ hates images/attachments i guess so i have to describe it]

After the bumper there is a loop which has a life monitor on top of it. I also want to mention that the springs are not visible (dunno if intentional or not). Anyway if you do a super peelout JUST after the loop (but before the slope that comes after the loop) you will clip.

Reaching the boss while having speed shoes on will return the music to the stage music instead of reverting to the boss music.
If you do a flame dash into a zoom tunnel, the flame dash effect will continue happening in the zoom tube instead of being canceled out.

Also you can bounce with the bubble shield after you hit a spring.
also music didnt go back to normal when finishing the invincibility theme
aaaaalso super peelout isnt nerfed underwater

aaaand i dont know what post processing is, or what it does, im just curious what it does or if itd matter if i turned it off or on (cause i dont know what it does)

Last edited:
i was able to glitch through the stage again with super peelout but this time a crumbling platform caused me to clip out of bounds, first load-up had a no music error but when i restarted it-it had music, i got thrown out of a spin tunnel into an invincibility monitor at the end somehow, super peelout with speed shoes doesnt work properly, thats prolly all

Using a Super Peelout here consistently causes you to become a ghost and pass through all collision... resulting in you hitting the death plane. [SFGHQ hates images/attachments i guess so i have to describe it]

After the bumper there is a loop which has a life monitor on top of it. I also want to mention that the springs are not visible (dunno if intentional or not). Anyway if you do a super peelout JUST after the loop (but before the slope that comes after the loop) you will clip.

Reaching the boss while having speed shoes on will return the music to the stage music instead of reverting to the boss music.
If you do a flame dash into a zoom tunnel, the flame dash effect will continue happening in the zoom tube instead of being canceled out.

Also you can bounce with the bubble shield after you hit a spring.
also music didnt go back to normal when finishing the invincibility theme
aaaaalso super peelout isnt nerfed underwater

aaaand i dont know what post processing is, or what it does, im just curious what it does or if itd matter if i turned it off or on (cause i dont know what it does)
I also experimented that, but with debug mode.

yeah i got removed from it as well
im assuming it got deleted for whatever reason
ah, thats reassuring. I was originally thinking i was banned for saying that when I updated SAGE 2022 Orbinaut Framework to a newer version of SAGE 2022 Orbinaut Framework, it refused to run.

Why is the only platform available 'test' I can't get windows. I don't really know how GMS2 works that much
You need a subscription to get the windows platform option. For more info, log in to your Gamemaker account on gamemaker.io, then go to the subscriptions tab and scroll down to see all subscriptions available.

Item information

Added by
Triangly
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 5 ratings

More in 2D Frameworks

More from Triangly

Share this item