don't click here

Open Surge: Play & Create

This game is a huge pleasant surprise! It's fast, fun, fluid, and I'm pretty sure the title is a pun on "Open Source" and that's just great. I love the aim of this project, to provide a Sonic-like engine for people to make whatever the hell they want with, completely open source. It's really cool, and I'd love to see what people do with this. :)
Stormer Aurion
Stormer Aurion
Well, it's certainly a nice surprise to see this project still alive and kicking, and showing up at this year's SAGE, even. I remember seeing it back when it was still transitioning from Open Sonic to Open Surge, and as such I'm a bit surprised that there wasn't a demo level featuring Charge the Badger (the Knuckles analogue for this game) in this demo. The graphics, while a bit on the basic side, certainly have their charm to them, and the music is certainly nice, with major props to the Waterworks theme and the new act clear them. The improvements to the engine are looking great, and I can't wait to see where you and others take this project and engine next.