General Information

Mr Rex's Zealous Adventure
This game is a work in progress!

The Story
Mr Rex's Zealous Adventure is a fast-paced platformer where space dinosaurs battle aliens at mach 2. Mr Rex is a T-Rex who receives a message from the past to 'Find the Truth'. He meets a time travelling raptor, a psychic and a family of T-Rex space mercenaries. They head out on a zealous space adventure, they uncover the inter-galactic conspiracy and shoot to retake the galactic thrown from satanic aliens.

The Game

Land on the planet...
run around at 200 MPH in this fast paced, 360 degree momentum based platformer then launch to Mach 2 in a bullet hell shmup seamlessly taking fight to the flight! Obliterate the adversity with Mr Rex's mane frame super weapon and battle other bizarre mane frame users.
Immerse yourself in the epic story and cutscenes or speedrun the game at full speed with no fluff! The control is all yours.

About the Game/Developer
'Mr Rex's Zealous Adventure' is a currently in development video game. The fast-paced space dinosaur adventure!
British games developer and animator DynoStorm is working on this largely as a solo project.

System Requirements
A decent windows PC/Laptop with a 1080p screen, 4GB of RAM and i5 processor (ideally better than this). The game will be further optimized as development continues.​

Comments

This game is WEEEEEEIIIIIRRRD, man. I didn't like it at first, because I thought it was clunky. A couple upgrades later, though, I was having a lot more fun. I'm okay with a game starting slow if it means the theming is reinforced, so I stuck with it a little while longer.

I had a good time! This game is a bit rough-around-the-edges in terms of art design and overall polish, but the fast-paced over-the-top gameplay and bizarre dino-cyberpunk aesthetic featuring a resistance group fighting a genocidal empire hooked me. I plan to get back to this one!

This game is WEEEEEEIIIIIRRRD, man. I didn't like it at first, because I thought it was clunky. A couple upgrades later, though, I was having a lot more fun. I'm okay with a game starting slow if it means the theming is reinforced, so I stuck with it a little while longer.

I had a good time! This game is a bit rough-around-the-edges in terms of art design and overall polish, but the fast-paced over-the-top gameplay and bizarre dino-cyberpunk aesthetic featuring a resistance group fighting a genocidal empire hooked me. I plan to get back to this one!
Hey WhiskerMidi! Thank you so much for leaving a review. :)
I agree and resonate with what you've said here, it's reassuring to me that this project is on the right track and I'm aware of where I am with each aspect of the game. I have thought a few times of adding more of a hook at the beginning of the game like I did with "The Zealous Adventures of Mr Rex" the animated series (2eps on my Youtube channel). I'll have to ponder how that would work here.
I'm also intent on adding more stuff to Episode 1's levels, it's a bit shorter than the other levels so it could get away with that.

Again, thank you so much. ^^

Last edited:
I've often wondered how a full blown Sonic Metroidvania might play. This comes pretty close to realizing the concept while still managing to feel like its own thing.

I love everything about the shine-spark mechanics and how they seamlessly build upon Mr. Rex's basic movement/dashing. Aerial combat feels a bit spammy and congested, but I suppose there's only so much you can do with how much screen real estate Mr. Rex occupies. It's all pretty basic and nothing about the game is particularly challenging, but I feel like it's intended to be more of a laid back experience.

I could go on about the batshit insane story all day, but, uh, I won't. I think it suffices to say that the dark and gritty melodrama of the plot will always be hilarious when juxtaposed by the giant bobbing dinosaur portraits. You've got yourself a winning formula there and I can't wait to see what other weird scenarios Mr. Rex and his disjointed crew will find themselves in next.

I've often wondered how a full blown Sonic Metroidvania might play. This comes pretty close to realizing the concept while still managing to feel like its own thing.

I love everything about the shine-spark mechanics and how they seamlessly build upon Mr. Rex's basic movement/dashing. Aerial combat feels a bit spammy and congested, but I suppose there's only so much you can do with how much screen real estate Mr. Rex occupies. It's all pretty basic and nothing about the game is particularly challenging, but I feel like it's intended to be more of a laid back experience.

I could go on about the batshit insane story all day, but, uh, I won't. I think it suffices to say that the dark and gritty melodrama of the plot will always be hilarious when juxtaposed by the giant bobbing dinosaur portraits. You've got yourself a winning formula there and I can't wait to see what other weird scenarios Mr. Rex and his disjointed crew will find themselves in next.
The Ariel combat I agree has more potential. Episode 4 is going to be all about it. The game I'd agree is fairly laid back for the time being. Mostly focused on the story atm.

Thanks for the feedback BernSphere. ^^

Item information

Added by
dynostorm
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Original Games

• Sole Iron Tail
    Slide and charge as fast as you can using your special tail!
  • ChronoVenture
    Overview ChronoVenture is a momentum-based Gameboy-style platformer...
  • AdventNEON
    Action platformer with tons of dashing, smash combos and powerscaling
  • The Great Frebbventure
    An action-platform adventure that combines the best of retro and modern...
  • Skye Revival
    Go through levels and defeat your foes with a wide variety of attacks

More from dynostorm

Share this item