don't click here

Mega Man X Synthesis (SAGE 2021 Demo)

General Information

Synthesis Logo.png

Mega Man X Synthesis is a fan game being developed by our small team over at....well we don't have a name. We're workin on it. This demo has many known bugs, but after far too much testing, maybe we squashed most of them? Please try it out and let us know what new bugs and glitches you find. Hope you have fun with it!

Initial Notes: Zero was not supposed to be playable, but we left him in as he's a fan favorite. So he may be a little tough to get through the stage with, as it was designed for X.

Mega Man X Synthesis is a very traditional Mega Man X title. Intro stage, followed by various maverick stages, followed by fortress stages. This Demo contains:
-An Intro Stage
-A old boss for players to try
-Playable X and Zero

A message from Concept Artist and Spriter, Bee:
"Hello, SAGE! This is our passion project, Mega Man X: Synthesis. This demo is short, and somewhat rough, but rest assured that we've been working on it quite a lot! We have big plans for MMX:S, and we hope you have fun playing what there is! Join our Discord at https://discord.gg/eXQTnjMz for further updates!"

Latest reviews

this was pretty good! despite flaws, this was a fun game to get into.

pros;
-fun gameplay
-expansive move set compared to other megaman games [e.g. zeros air dash and double jump]
-clean animations and sprite work
-almost captures megaman SNES

cons;
-the long falling segment before the first boss should either be shortened or removed
-zero has no blaster or charge slash yet
-the cover image for SAGE's page looked a little rushed, maybe find a graphic designer or an artist to help you out next time?
-downloaded game icon is still game maker pro icon. there's a website that converts .pngs to .ico if that helps

overall this is a good WIP. hope to see more in the future!
Alright here is some constructive feedback for ya ApselTheBlue:

Let's start with the positives first:

Controls:
The game controls like an utter dream, combining the best of both of worlds from PSX and SNES, controlling X or Zero is just as fun and fast paced as it ever was, it felt so refreshing to play some more Rockman X after not playing it for a while, and the controls in this was not a bad way to revisit it (stay tuned,). Although, it could just be me and my suckage at playing Rockman X with a keyboard (although I have gotten better at it playing this demo) but it feels like my inputs get eaten when I am pressing too fast which makes me take some unwarranted damage, and that sucks but I can't confirm if that is either myself or the engine so i will leave at that, this game controls so fucking good otherwise. I clap in your name MarioObsessed you did an outstanding job with the controls on this engine and in general it feels solid as all hell
>Effects and animations
Seeing those PSX but unique like effects is also very refreshing, the buster shots are very well animated and so too is the charged shots as well with that and I remember there also being that kickback from firing a charge shot just like in the PSX games, overall I like this combination of SFC and SNES era's of animation and effects, this is the best I've seen so far out of those who have attempted it, much better than even Corrupted's attempt (as soulful as it might be) So amazing job here. The explosion effects as well are quite satisfying
>Music
The music is a fun thing to listen to, but it feels very uninspired, I think it's only merely decent because it feels too much like a track from the X Corrupted's OST, something Dominic Ninmark would compose in his free time if he felt bored out of his mind, it's not bad but it could've been better. It's merely decent for now

and that's where the positives end.

Now for the negatives:
>No story
You only get a bit of dialogue at the beginning that is so mundane I can't even be bothered to remember it, usually there is a big set up before you are thrusted into a intro stage in a Rockman X game, unless it's Rockman X1 in which there is no set up unless you count the intro that specifies it's specs. There's nothing here though soooooo you'll need to work on that and introduce an engaging, well thought out story even for the intro. There needs to be a set up before you are thrown into the game like that.
>The graphics
Calm down there with the reusage of X1, X2 and X3 graphics there buddy, when I first came to this page and saw the thumbnail for a video my mind instinctively thought this was a Rockman X3 romhack of some sorts, until I took a look again and I was proven wrong. But just the fact that I even thought for a second that this was a romhack is not a good sign, there needs to be more original assets, like a lot more because this is just plain too much reusage of especially X3 and X2 graphics, the game lacks so much identity and integrity that way honestly
>The level design and enemies
I've gained no merit from playing through this tutorial as a stage, at first I thought it was longer than usual, but that was just me in reality being a dumbass, it's short as shit just like the others, yet it feels like something churned out of an A.I that was barely trained to make Rockman X levels in the style of Rockman X2 and Rockman X3, it feels so synthesized and un natural, it also doesn't help that all of the enemies are reused with only one original one that's a copy of X8's enemy and a enemy from the classic games but is a soulless scrap heap like the others, I don't like this new enemy that much, it's a nice explosion effect but it's the most non-threatening thing unless you bump into it like an idiot (like I did :\) and the re usage of those Rockman X1 Ray Traps are some of the most cliched there is, "OHNONONO BRO AVOID THE BOOGEYMAN RED LASERINO", like c'mon, the original Ray Trap enemies were lame, could you've at least tried to improve on them. The rest of the enemies are the same they've always been and that's sad. The most I can talk away from this level is corridors, boring elevator sequences, and flashy ride bike sections, and then culminating into fucking Tunnel Rhino... I don't think i have to say anything about that, it explains itself but I still rebuke you for it regardless O Apseltheblue.

I really hope this will receive a massive improvement sometime in the future, too many Rockman X fangames are left to rot by either people being too focused with other things in life or perfectionism or BOTH. And that's sad to see, but we've finally after so long received a demo of a Rockman X fangame that isn't an engine and that isn't over 5 years old. And it's underwhelming to say the least. There is a lot of potential here, seriously, Don't let the amazing effects and animations + superb controls go to waste.
Brilliant controls, amazingly well done. The ride bike ones are a bit bleh, would prefer X4-X5 ones instead, but amazing controls overall. The music's nice, even if it sounds a bit similar to a certain other X fangame.

The rest of the game? Nothing. Nonexistent. Void. The enemies aside from one are all recycled, the graphics are recycled, the level design is more uninspired than ever, the game seems to lack even the slightest bit of story and the boss is even easier than he already was in X3, where he was a starter boss.

I am sorry, I do see the effort put into this, and yes, the engine and controls are utterly amazing as I've said, but the game just isn't fun to play. It lacks challenge, originality, any sort of creative usages of gimmicks or enemy placements - even X4's Slash Beast is more inspired and challenging of a stage than this game's intro stage.

I really hope that this game will become better - there are barely any X fangames and most of them are in development hell, so I am impressed that there's one that has a demo on SAGE2021, but if this game will be just like it's demo, I don't think it will be enjoyable.
Last edited:

Comments

Eu tentei baixar pelo celular e nenhum explorador de arquivos conseguiu abrir o app, além de não aparecer na tela inicial para eu poder jogar

Item information

Added by
ApselTheBlue
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
3.00 star(s) 4 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games

More from ApselTheBlue