MaGMML: Episode Zero is an interquel set between the events of Make a Good Mega Man Level (MaGMML) 1 and 2, level design contests where users submitted their own Mega Man levels to be ranked by a team of judges. Unlike previous entries, Episode Zero was not the result of a contest, but rather an active collaboration: participants received feedback from a QA team and had to pass a certain quality threshold for their work to be included in the game. The result is a streamlined experience that still retains the wacky, off-the-wall humor of the series!
Play as the legendary (?) Reploid (?) Zero as he journies through over 60 different levels from 40 different creators in a unique blend of Mega Man Classic, X, Zero, and ZX! Blast through levels with the aimable Z-Buster, the trusty Z-Saber, the long-range Z-Burst, and the wildcard Blank Drive, all backed by an expanded version of the elemental chip system from the Zero series.
- Over 60 different quality-controlled levels from 40 different creators.
- Over 90 bosses to fight and bash your head against.
- 4 different subweapons, all upgradable via an elemental chip system like in the Zero series.
- Several differentupgrades and costumes to purchase, including the choice of either the horrible goblin Zero from the MaGMML Series or classic Zero from the Mega Man X series from the start.
- The "Z-Phone," a robust hint and advice system allowing Zero to call 6 different characters, among other secret numbers.
- A CD database inspired by Mega Man & Bass, giving background lore of both the Mega Man and MaGMML series for newcomers.
- A customizable boss rush mode, "The Ultimate Choice," with increasing rewards for higher difficulty.
- Online leaderboards to challenge yourself and compare against others' best times in each level.
- Multiple control options for ease of play.