don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Hoppi's Adventure (SAGE '22 Demo)

General Information

Hoppi's Adventure is a classic 2D platformer inspired by the old NES games.

------------------------------------------------------
Synopsis

One day while Hoppi was sleeping she notices that a group of mouse girls were carrying mysterious chests inside frozen bubbles into the forest. Intrigued by what could be happening, Hoppi decides to find out what's behind this mystery.

Characters

Hoppi:
The main character who loves treasures and throws carrots out of her hands.

Soro: A little slime cat who loves Noggu Fruits and is apparently starting to get interested in treasures and shiny things because of Hoppi's influence.

Social Media

you can follow the development of the project at:

InstagramTwitter Youtube

Comments

This is cute. I mean, it's Mario with a gun and no other design change. But it's cute. It might be worth looking at a game like Grapple Dog for ideas for how to make level designs more exciting and less resembling the results of procedural generation. The enemies spawning in before the boss proper was a nice sequence. Color palette is relaxing and easy to read. Sometimes it would take a while for the character to turn around properly, like I'd be pressing left and she'd still face (and fire) right.

This is cute. I mean, it's Mario with a gun and no other design change. But it's cute. It might be worth looking at a game like Grapple Dog for ideas for how to make level designs more exciting and less resembling the results of procedural generation. The enemies spawning in before the boss proper was a nice sequence. Color palette is relaxing and easy to read. Sometimes it would take a while for the character to turn around properly, like I'd be pressing left and she'd still face (and fire) right.
Thanks for the comment! This demo was created with the intention of demonstrating the initial mechanics of the character and with the 3 initial tutorial stages. I intend to create sequels for this game and this first one I wanted to make something simple in the classic Mario Bros style. But don't worry, the next stages will be more challenging and fun with different mechanics and gameplay in each one!

Thanks for commenting about the character turning, I will fix it right now, it's probably caused due to the character's friction.

Item information

Added by
Noggu Games
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Original Games

More from Noggu Games

Share this item