don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Grandman's Unbearable Existence (Demo 2022)

General Information

Grandman! He's old, grumpy, and now he's being FORCED out of retirement. Take ahold of the world's strongest, sun-guy thing(?), as he TACKLES and THROWS his way back into a quiet life. Maybe you'll enjoy some of the sights along the way..?

Demo Includes:
  • Everyone's favorite, Grandman!
  • 3 WHOLE worlds for you to get your grubby mitts on!
  • Some beautiful menus, courtesy of ME!
  • Dynamic gameplay with a lotta of things to try, with plenty of replay-ability!
  • ...and One juiced up, high-octane boss battle!

Latest reviews

The game is a nice take to make the throw mechanics of the Wario Land's games by adding physics and the mouse+wasd control scheme.

The idea is good, as well the presentation and music, but the lack of polish of the physics engine create unwellcomed difficulty spikes.

The third world has the most obnoxious gimmicks of the demo. I get that it's supposed to be the late game and all, but the chasing plants, the turrets and the un-respawnable jumps and throws of the last stage seems out of my control instead than a skills issue.

Speaking of skills, the momentum is a mess when you go down slopes and you get knocked back after the hits, it's difficult controlling and moving the main character.

Last but not least, no visible health bar make it difficult on how to manage a route without getting recklessly killed.

The game has style and potential, so I wish my feedback could be any of use for a future compleated version.

Cheers.
Reactions: Durdge-o
Durdge-o
Durdge-o
Thanks for taking the time to write this!
I've actually implemented most of these fixes long before I read this comment, I got similar feedback from other players (minus the visible health one, Grandman actually has no health but rather if you get hit while in hitstun you'll die, that wasn't very clear though) and have messed with it in a way that I think alleviates most of the issues in a way that makes it more fun to play.
I plan to release a new SAGE build this year for Grandman with expanded mechanics, levels, and whatnot so please try the game again then!
F
F108_Star
Can't wait to play that once SAGE 2024 will hit.
Thanks for the attention.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Item information

Added by
Durdge-o
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
3.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads