don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Complete Essence Of Waluigi

General Information

Ralorche's Latest fangame!

5 years ago, Luigi was killed by "the essence". As a result of this, Mario has left the Mushroom Kingdom. Now, thanks to a reoccuring nightmare, Mario has decided to go back and destroy Waluigi's essence once and for all. However, "the essence" plans to destroy the world and build it's own horrifying utopia on it's ruins. Will Mario avenge his brother, or will he suffer the same fate?

Or, will he become corrupted by the Essence Of Waluigi?

Essence Of Waluigi is a 2D Mario fan game that aims to be a unique and darker take on the Mario universe. The game includes 5 levels, some with level themes never seen in a Mario game before. Along with brand new enemies and 3 endings. The game also includes the Triple Jump from Mario's 3D games, along with two other moves, the Dive and Hammer Spin.

SCREENSHOTS:

Reactions: Ice

Comments

I don't know if you want to keep working on this now that you've finished it and are now working on the sequel, but there are some things that could be improved. First off is controller support, 2D platformers are a bit of a bitch to play with a keyboard. Second is audio mixing, some sound effects are way too loud [breaking bricks, landing] and others are way too quiet [gameplay voice clips]
If nothing else, now I'm really interested in trying out the sequel!

I just finished playing in preparation for The Essence of Waluigi II demo.
  • The sprite work done for the playable characters is very impressive. Choosing to base their designs off of their live action counterparts makes them visually distinctive from other fan games and lends itself to the more uncanny tone.
  • I enjoyed the music selection.
  • I thought the non-linear section was a little out of place and wasn't super well laid out for Mario's move set. Progressing vertically required too much time spent waiting for elevator platforms to move into position, especially when the punishment for missing a jump in a higher area is having to trek all the way back there in addition to waiting for the platforms to cycle. I think potentially having a hub area branching out to each of the specific challenges might work better for this kind of exploration based area.
  • I thought the controls were pretty tight and the triple jump was fun to use. I think some more horizontal air time from the hammer might be more fun.
I'm looking forward to trying the sequel.

Item information

Added by
Ralorche
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Fan Games

More from Ralorche

Share this item