don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Cosmo Vulpes (SAGE '22 Demo)

this is an unique little collect-a-thon that I had tried, I am quite pleased to have experienced this game.
The gameplay is quite varied and fluid, not only with the dynamic running and jetpacking and wall jumping action(I always appreciate good mega man x wall jumping action), but because the movements are complemented with gadgets which can be used to either battle enemies or to help you reach hard to reach places.
The writing is quite witty, I do love the character interactions and I do like the "brawns and brain" team the main characters make.
Related to what's said before, I do like a lot the art style and the character design is appealing, smol cute fennec girls is already an instant 10/10.
Well... it would be but it has many minor and major gripes, the framerate is not very good, it tanks very easily even if it's not a very demanding game, it kind of ruins the gameplay experience. To be fair, the framerate is still high enough to be playable.
The right stick is also very sensitive, if I push it a little it goes flying all over instead of a little, so that makes it disorienting.
Plus in the levels there are graphical bugs like weird shading errors and Z-Fighting, it softlocks when I try to do the Safira's hologram quest, the explosions don't change volume when I lower or increase it, I can load the same level multiple times and so on.
On other goofs, the tutorial is not accurate to the current version, so be warned for that.
Three suggestions I could make that the team could add to the game is hearts that drop from enemies, because currently the game is stingy with hearts, a minimap, so I know where important npcs or objects are and also to know where I am because as impressive the levels are, they are a bit confusing to travel, and third would be to add musical variation between levels, again, since they are so large, of course a "level complete" screen would be grateful too so I know I accomplished something.
As is stands now, the game is very good and very fun but it has major gripes that hold it back, hopefully they will get adressed the next year, but I do appreciate the effort of the developers alone, that is commendable.
Reactions: Vulpini Studio