don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Cory in the Ded 3.5 (SAGE 2022 Demo)

I downloaded this game thinking it would be a one off shitpost having no idea what I was about to experience 0_o. This games level design was very fun to go through. A lot of the humor I thought was actually pretty funny. I really love all the characters and little references this game has in it. Overall, this seems like a really charming game that someone made with their friends. Very awesome experience :).

gameplay: 8/10
humor: 6/10
design: 7/10
story: 9/10
Luigi: 10/10

Overall: 8/10.

Keep at it dude! can't wait to see the finished project.
Reactions: BriceTAS
Me: "Oi govna, you fancy a sonic fan game?"
Also me: "yeah bruv, it better not be near perfec-"
*bass boosted hard boiled heavies plays with this fantastic gameplay*
this review will be strange to follow to memey style of this game.

funny happy go-time yay!:
+EVERY KIND OF PLAYABLE SONIC IS IN THIS!
+funnnnnnnyyy jokes i didn't get but still laughed anyways
+thanks for putting in the dankles pokemon tutorial bit on angel island. hopefully you'll figure out how to naturally explain this later on.
+the amount of polish on this game is unheard of for a meme game. But damn, well played.
+man how many characters are in this? TEN??? all with unique abillties???? you mad man!!
+I love you bob, you're the real dev here not BriceTAS.
+very impressive sprite work
+you credited EVERYONE! THAT MUST OF BEEN PAINFUL GOOD JOB!

uh oh! stinky, poopie:
-I played as rad up to the sunset stage and quitted there, but the save didn't work, I assume this is also an inside joke but the joke is on me. (I watched the rest of the game on megaboygamer's stream, he REALLY needs to turn his volume up.)
-bosses were alright, nothing mind blowing.
-no controller support except for stick for some reason, I assume that's also an inside joke
-screen tearing was happening alot, please have VSync as an option next time!

reccomended materials:
eggman hates furries: it has midis but the best boss battles in any sonic game.
spark the jester 1: basically kirby but with sonic platforming

"This FEELS like games repainted has gone too far" - Dextergethood.
you can use that quote if you ever make a reviews trailer.
BriceTAS
BriceTAS
hey, thank you so much for playing! very happy to hear you enjoyed this mess of a game lmao

regarding the bugs:
- the save file doesn't show up if you exit midstage, but if you restart the game it exists. i JUST found a fix for this as of me writing this so i'll make an update soon!
- that's fair, i'm still trying to get good at designing bosses. hell, i didn't even know how to make my own from scratch until last year, and it's probably clear from the quality of the Shafinite's compared to Metal Rad's. the Sonic and Firebreather bosses are edited versions of the base bosses from the Flicky engine lol.
- i'm still trying to figure out controller support! hopefully i'll have it fixed before the final game.
- it only happens in full screen from my knowledge which is weird, but i'll see what i can do!
BriceTAS
BriceTAS
(2/2 because there's a character limit i didnt know about oops)

and i'll take a look at both of those recommendations! i've seen EHF before and the bosses in that game look really fun (haven't played it myself yet, will at some point) so i'll try and take a bit of inspiration from them. as for Spark, i have the first game but just haven't gotten around to playing it either. from what i've seen of it though, it does actually look pretty fun and i wanna take a bit from that as well!
S
savameatboy
cory in the ded is my favorite! i like it!
This game is just absolutely fantastic. Even with all the inside jokes you won't understand -- levels & characters are an absolute blast. And a lot of stuff that happens will get you by surprise! Can't recommend it enough -- this is peak fiction.
Reactions: A Blob and BriceTAS
SAGE 22 - Sonic Fan Game 7 out of 69 - Cory in the Ded 3.5 (SAGE 2022 Demo)
I don't even know what I played but it was great.

I don't think I could even write a serious review for this since it doesn't even take itself seriously, though at the same time it does. But what I will say is that I had a very great time with this.
This game gave me flashbacks to my childhood to those Sonic sprite fan animations that everyone makes. Actually, now that I think about it, this game just feels like a way more interactive Sonic sprite fan animation. And I think that's what gives this game its charm.
Some people might say that this game might be "cringe" due to the amount of Sonic OCs or Pokemon included, but I'm not really here to judge it just by that. Even then, there is a genuine effort put into this fan game with its solid controls and level design.

I will say this though, I wasn't able to complete the demo since I got stuck on Marble Garden Act 4 because I had to use Meloetta to apparently boost myself. Couldn't really figure out how though no matter how hard I tried. Had fun with it while it lasted nevertheless.

Overall, did not expect to actually like this game a lot despite its meme influence.
Also, Motobug with a gun.
BriceTAS
BriceTAS
hey, thank you so much for giving this a shot - i'm happy you enjoyed it!

honestly, i've never thought of this to be like a fan animation lol, but i think that's an interesting comparison and i'll take it haha.

apologies for not making the Marble Garden section more clear, a few other people have had problems with it as well. I made an update that adds Bob the Flicky to that section who explains what you're actually supposed to do, but just to put it here, press X/Special 2 to switch to Meloetta. Glide, and while still Gliding press S/Special 1. hope that helps!
S
savameatboy
cory in the ded is finally developed! yes!
actually this is really good lol. play it.
what is this game

it's amazing

ps. my favourite character was bob 3

edit: the level design had no reason to be as amazing as it was
Last edited:
BriceTAS
BriceTAS
thank you, im glad you enjoyed it!

i put way too much effort into this meme game and its been driving me insane.
Hi, I beta tested this game! Here's my opinion on it;

Cory 3.5 is a lot more than it seems; though it is an inside joke game, the amount of effort my friend TAS put into it is clear and there's a lot of value in its design even bar the in jokes.

There are a whopping 9 playable characters (plus an unlock) and each of them have unique abilities and their movesets are all fun to use and unique (bar Rad and Sanok who are just sonic 3 and mania sonic respectively)

My favourite has to be Autumn, and no that isn't bias specifically because the character is meant to portray me, the double jump and bounce to flight movements are just incredibly satisfying to use, especially bouncing up and making use of the invulnerabilty it gives prior to entering flight to attack high up enemies.

In spite of the wide range of abilities, the character also doesn't feel too overpowered; once you enter a flight state after concluding your bounce, you become vulnerable whilst in the air, thus it takes good timing to hit enemies on the rise up and you can't just blast forward through the next section.

overall this game is a 10 out of 10 you get to kill sonic the hedgehog
Reactions: BriceTAS and A Blob
Level design feels fair and doesn't seem to overstay its welcome, some of the jokes really land, it's really long for a demo (around 1h20min for me), it's a fun 2D Sonic, what's there not to like?
...Well, maybe the K key existing to hurt yourself for some reason (which makes keyboard remapping a little difficult), but everything else is really dang fun so far.
BriceTAS
BriceTAS
thank you, im glad you enjoyed it!

the hurt button was there for debugging stuff but i decided to keep it just in case the player like, phased through a wall or something and didn't want to restart the entire stage. i'll make it so you can remap it at least though
A
A Blob
Ah, okay, thanks! Oh, a DMCA-free/streamer-friendly mode would also be great, there's two instances (during the second level and the level after an Egg Robo boss fight) that the copyright audio systems like to pick up on. But that's up to you.