don't click here

Carlos & Maria: Pearl Madness feat. Sonic, Tails and Knuckles

Project Overview

Pearl Madness is a Boss Rush style level, you must fight 6 bosses without losing all your lives, otherwise, you will return to the beginning of the level to start all over again.

Sonic vs. Eggman? This time it will not be possible.

Has Pearl become evil thanks to someone or is this all just a simple dream?

Download link:

v1.00: Initial Release.
v1.10: Fixed some errors in Discord Rich Presence.
v1.15: Boss difficulty reduced, several bugs fixed and a tutorial screen was added.
v1.20: Minor bug fixes.
v1.21: Act Clear softlock glitch fix.
v1.30: ?????

Screenshots and media!

Old Screenshots:

Old Gameplay (v1.00):

Bonus Content

You can play with Carlos, Maria and Blueberry, 3 completely different characters from Sonic, but who share the same actions but with certain things that differentiate them from the rest.

Carlos is the most balanced character of the others, his speed and his jump is normal.
Maria is a slow character, also jumps less high than Carlos, so it will be necessary to calculate certain attacks to avoid damage.
Blueberry is the opposite of Maria, is faster than Carlos and Maria, and can even jump higher than them. Perfect for dodging difficult ground attacks.

And that's not all, Sonic, Tails and Knuckles return to stop Pearl's evil plans.

Sonic has all actions corresponding to Sonic CD (Super Peel-Out), Sonic 2 (Spin Dash), Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Insta-Shield and Elemental Shields) and Sonic Mania (Drop Dash).
Tails can fly and swim (While underwater), but if you press the down button while flying or swimming, you can cancel the flight and attack from above.
Knuckles can glide and climb, and can also hide on the floor and walls.

Credits

Powered By Sonic Worlds Delta 1.5.2c
Programmer, Directed and Created By: Carlos Ushiromiya

Sprite Artists:
Carlos, Maria and Blueberry sprites by: Genesis Romero and Kris (Deno)
Original Pearl Sprites by: Alexmauricio407
Custom and Edited Pearl Sprites by: Carlos Ushiromiya
Sonic X Leapster Sprites Ripped by: Facundo Gomez
Eggmobile Sprites Ripped by: Dolphman and Thin Crust

Based on a drawing made by: AbesDrawings :3

Invincibility, Speed Sneakers, Super Form and Drowning Composed By: SonicString

Publicity: Sonic Amateur Games Expo (SAGE), led by Sonic Fan Games HQ

Beta Testers: Kris (Deno), Facundo Gomez, Sairot247, Pataxu, AsuharaMoon

Pearl Houzki © Nintendo
Carlos the Hedgehog and Maria the Hedgehog © Carlos Ushiromiya
Blueberry the Hedgehog © Luismen821
Sonic the Hedgehog, Miles "Tails" Prower, Knuckles the Echidna and Dr. Eggman © SEGA

Latest reviews

Huh. Um. This fangame happened. I like it, but, uh... huh?

High points:
-The boss fights are pretty fun
and the patterns are pretty easy to avoid, once you read them. The tutorial primer helps a lot in learning the aspects of the game~
-What is this music? It's good, but I couldn't help but laugh all the way through that first track of seemingly random, but actually melodic sound~

Tripping Point
:
-Is... there any way to change the controls at all? This game uses Space, Z and Ctrl which feels all types of awkward to me, even after taking the time to learn it.
-At that, is that shield at the outset even obtainable or is it just there to troll you?
Reactions: Blast The Bird
Karushi
Karushi
Thank you very much for the review, I appreciate it very much.

Regarding what you mentioned:

With regard to music, it will be changed in future updates.
With regard to controls, in update 1.30 a new system will be implemented to change controls.
With regard to monitors in general, you can destroy it if you perform a ground pound above the monitors.

I hope I have answered any of the questions you had.
SageofMa'i
SageofMa'i
Okay, so I am being dumb~(laughs at self) Kinda forgot the ground pound even existed. Shows how much I pay attention to basic tutorials~ :P
Though honestly, I did enjoy the music, if I wasn't clear on that~ My bad~

And thanks for the prompt response~ Hope things go well going forward~

Comments

I've just tried playing this and I can't get past your first boss. Most of the attacks are off screen, I can barely dodge most of the ink particles and I can't find any way to damage the boss. Is there something I'm missing here or is it bugged?

I've just tried playing this and I can't get past your first boss. Most of the attacks are off screen, I can barely dodge most of the ink particles and I can't find any way to damage the boss. Is there something I'm missing here or is it bugged?
In phase 1, you will see how the boss throws bombs in a certain period of time. What you should do is grab the bombs with the "C" button (You have to see what key you assigned)
In phase 2, you must dodge the attacks, some will be easier than others. When the attack is over, a switch will appear on the left side of the screen, press it before it disappears. When pressed, a laser will go directly to the boss to attack him.

Dear Carlos, I did also not figure out how to fight the boss. Naturally I thought the bomb would hurt me, but since your game is very heterodoxal and you do things your own way, perhaps putting an arrow pointing to the bomb wouldn't break the immersion or "classic" style of the game.
So Far I've only played as blueberry since she's the one who caught my attention. Her sprites are awesome, and I love how she controls

Dear Carlos, I did also not figure out how to fight the boss. Naturally I thought the bomb would hurt me, but since your game is very heterodoxal and you do things your own way, perhaps putting an arrow pointing to the bomb wouldn't break the immersion or "classic" style of the game.
So Far I've only played as blueberry since she's the one who caught my attention. Her sprites are awesome, and I love how she controls
One thing I should also add. The control settings don't work until you get to the actual game. The menu still only works with keyboard
And even after learning how to grab I am still not having much success getting past this boss.

Last edited:
One thing I should also add. The control settings don't work until you get to the actual game. The menu still only works with keyboard
And even after learning how to grab I am still not having much success getting past this boss.
Don't worry, I will update the game to adjust the difficulty

In phase 1, you will see how the boss throws bombs in a certain period of time. What you should do is grab the bombs with the "C" button (You have to see what key you assigned)
In phase 2, you must dodge the attacks, some will be easier than others. When the attack is over, a switch will appear on the left side of the screen, press it before it disappears. When pressed, a laser will go directly to the boss to attack him.
I did try to pick up the ink bombs but no matter how many times I pressed C on either my keyboard of controller, my character didn't pick it up. Considering how this game's mechanics are drastically different from the typical Sonic fair, I think this game could have had one or 2 levels to allow people to get used to the mechanics before throwing in the boss fights.

I did try to pick up the ink bombs but no matter how many times I pressed C on either my keyboard of controller, my character didn't pick it up. Considering how this game's mechanics are drastically different from the typical Sonic fair, I think this game could have had one or 2 levels to allow people to get used to the mechanics before throwing in the boss fights.
Let's see, try now with version 1.20, which was changed in several aspects, including controls, a tutorial screen was added and the difficulty of the bosses was reduced

Let's see, try now with version 1.20, which was changed in several aspects, including controls, a tutorial screen was added and the difficulty of the bosses was reduced
If you think you are still having problems, I will see how I can do to solve that

Great idea for the game! But a bit strange ... why can't I beat the boss?
The game version is outdated. I would recommend you to download the latest version.

Since the difficulty of the bosses was reduced and a small tutorial was added.

I really love this game
the boss music is like a New Mario Bros U+Megaman 11 mashup and i love that
The bosses are pretty creative
and the characters abilities are pretty fun and nice

Espero no te moleste que te deje mi review en español...
A ver... jugablemente está muy cómodo, me agrada que hayas hecho hábilidades propias para el juego y no utilizaras las hábilidades como spindash o spin mientras te mueves o el peelout dropdash ETC, me agrada mucho la creatividad que tienes con los jefes, sobre todo con el segundo, la dificultad... pues debo admitir que tuve que jugar varias veces el primer jefe para superarlo (por el tema de los controles que espero sean customizables para un futuro) creo que esto mismo hizo que me pasara el segundo jefe a la primera, a pesar de tener muchos ataques que para nada no son cosa imposible de evadir, la dificultad en general me parece adecuada, jugablemente me siento más que satisfecho, gráficamente está guapo, la música pega muy bien con todo, está muy bonita esta demo a pesar de ser bastante corta, sigue así bro, es asombroso tu fan game!!

Next game update:

New menu interface with new options

New zone, new title card and new characters

Item information

Added by
Karushi
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings