don't click here

Sonic Adventure Reloaded

Project Overview

SAR500.png
Here is my project : Sonic Adventure Reloaded. This is a fan game made with UDK SGDK with the objective to port Sonic Adventures stages into a modern engine to have an Adventure game with modern graphics.
Before getting into this game I was always asking : "why not have a Sonic Adventure but with better graphics?" and the project was born !
I still have a lot of work to do but when this will be finished it will feature ALL Sonic Adventures stages (maybe not big stages because i have not clue how to make them) in this time there is only 1 level who is 90% done, the other one in this demo is finishable but I tried to do something which is not in EC.

Edit² :replaced the hubword by SGDK menu

Remeber this is a demo for a game still under developement it may have heavy/low glitch please make sure to report them

Screenshots and media!

SAR500.png

Bonus Content

Content of this Tech demo :
2 Sonic Level
  • Emerald Coast
  • Pyramid Cave (early stage)
Red rings in Emerald Coast (don't worry it will be easy :emoji_relaxed:)

A Adventure like checkpoint system

Credits

Thanks to :
Sega
Sonic Team
Epic Games
Xaklse
Sonic Retro

without them i was not able to make this !

and also special thanks to :
Galaxy Software
Mangatd
Hellsnake
Mystic Sora
Oberon

for suport, feedback and helping me with this project

Comments

-I couldn't get past the first level because the goal ring either disappeared or I had to quit the level in order to pick another
-Sonic loses acceleration on slopes, A L O T. Even when I am already at maximum speed
-In Pyramid Cave the platforms are higher than my jump allowing me to not advance
-When I died in the second part of Emerald Coast, it plays the wrong music
-The Gold teleport ring in Emerald Coast sends me the wrong way (Which almost costed me all my lives)
-If I go past or look past the goal ring in Emerald Coast it disappears, only way to fix this is die and start over
-Alright game, love the concept, just needs more polish and flavor. Not being harsh or at least mean to be, just thought these issues needed to be addressed

-I couldn't get past the first level because the goal ring either disappeared or I had to quit the level in order to pick another
-Sonic loses acceleration on slopes, A L O T. Even when I am already at maximum speed
-In Pyramid Cave the platforms are higher than my jump allowing me to not advance
-The Gold teleport ring in Emerald Coast sends me the wrong way (Which almost costed me all my lives)
-If I go past or look past the goal ring in Emerald Coast it disappears, only way to fix this is die and start over
-Alright game, love the concept, just needs more polish and flavor. Not being harsh or at least mean to be, just thought these issues needed to be addressed
aww thanks !
i'm gonna try to fix this thanks for feedback !
(and about pyramid cave you gain Bounce Bracelet (or just a buble shield) so you can pass over high platform)

Wow, I feel stupid and No Prob! I hope you do well on this project!

thanks you very much !

The second playthrough of the new update was fun and solid!
But, there are still some issues of course:
- In Pyramid Cave, only one switch works and the others are defective. So if the door closes, I have to die or restart in order to play again
-Modern Sonic moves so fast that if you charge his Spindash all the way, it breaks the game if it goes off ramps
-Whenever I beat Emerald Coast it does not progress and just sits on the result screen
-In Pyramid Cave, there's a whole in the second long hallway that has no Spring. Leaving me to restart if I fall in
-The Big Dash Ramps seem unresponsive and only work on the edge (Although, that may be part of the game)
-Lastly, In the first part of Pyramid Cave on that small platform Sonic doesn't always get to the top after that one enemy. I suggest adding another or a spring, maybe? idk.

Good job, as always and ring me when the next update is up!

The second playthrough of the new update was fun and solid!
But, there are still some issues of course:
- In Pyramid Cave, only one switch works and the others are defective. So if the door closes, I have to die or restart in order to play again
-Modern Sonic moves so fast that if you charge his Spindash all the way, it breaks the game if it goes off ramps
-Whenever I beat Emerald Coast it does not progress and just sits on the result screen
-In Pyramid Cave, there's a whole in the second long hallway that has no Spring. Leaving me to restart if I fall in
-The Big Dash Ramps seem unresponsive and only work on the edge (Although, that may be part of the game)
-Lastly, In the first part of Pyramid Cave on that small platform Sonic doesn't always get to the top after that one enemy. I suggest adding another or a spring, maybe? idk.

Good job, as always and ring me when the next update is up!
thanks you so much for the feedback again !

Why not have a Sonic Adventure but with better graphics?
If it's just Sonic Adventure with scaled up graphics, isn't the game pointless to play or make then ?

And with modern programs like ReShade, you can do just that, and better, you are still playing the SAME GAME ! And that means same controls, same story, same voices, same experience, everyting is just the same with better graphics !

Now, i'm not saying that you should stop making this game. It's your decision where you want to take the fangame. So if you want to continue making it, go ahead, i have nothing against that.

Also, is you want to update the graphics, try to update the textures, models and overall aesthetics of the game too. It will make a lot more visual difference.

Item information

Added by
Starlight
Views
Comments
Last update
Rating
1.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More in SAGE 2017 [Archive]

Share this item