don't click here

Demo Sonic Spectre 0.4

Overview

THIS VERSION IS OUTDATED, PLAY THE MOST RECENT VERSION OF SONIC SPECTRE INSTEAD:

So far Sonic Spectre includes:
- 3 Playable characters (Sonic, Tails and Knuckles) all with their respected abilities
- 3 fully completed zones consisting of 2 regular acts and 1 boss act
- Entertaining zone transitions that give some context to the game's events
This is one of mulitiple demos that will come out in the future until the game is fully finished

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Controls:
Important: At the beginning you choose your input. Do so or you won't be able to play the game obviously.

Sonic
:
- Super Peel out: Hold up + Jump
- Drop Dash: Hold Jump when jumping

Tails:
- Flight: Tap Jump when jumping

Knuckles:
- Glide: Hold jump when jumping
- Climbing: Glide to a vertical wall and when attached press up/down to move up/down

Cutscenes:
- Press Jump/Special/Extra/Start to skip.

Menu:
- Press Jump/Start to continue/select
- Press Extra to go back
- Press "delete" (on your keyboard) to delete your progress

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screenshots:

Waterfall Capital Boss screenshot 2.png
Waterfall Capital act 1 screenshot 02.png

Windy Woods Boss screenshot.png
Windy Woods act 1 screenshot.png

Media

Reveal Trailer:

Updates

Update #1:
V0.4.2 includes alot of bug fixes, improvements and other things:

- New music for title screen to avoid copyright claims
- A blue filter over the WCz background to make it easier to distinguish from the foreground
- Egg Phoenix moves slower up and down making jumping from platform to platform easier
- A slightly altered HUD
- FFz Mole badnik now easier to defeat
- Input font resized when the game is windowed
- Major bugfixes

There won't be anymore updates like this one for V0.4 because I still have to work on finishing the game in general.
So other problems won't be fixed until the next demo.

I'm also gonna show concept art every saturday on my youtube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/@TheBearBridge/featured

Credits

I think credit is very important, so if you've made something in my game and I forgot to credit you please tell me and I will add you.

<\\Game by//>
TheBearBridge

<\\Sonic Worlds Delta engine//>
Damizean, MCKaosu, LarkSS, Techokami, Sparks, Mr. Potatobadger, Ice God 64, Lakefeperd and Lange

<\\Characters//>
Sonic sprites: Shinbaloonba, TheBearBridge
Tails sprites: Shinbaloonba, TheBearBridge
Knuckles sprites: Shinbaloonba, Zenor, Yawackhary, Fox Omega
Doctor Eggman: TheBearBridge
Black Arms: TheBearBridge, Cylent-Nite
Black Doom: Hypershadow (Hykem the Dark Hedgehog)
Big the Cat: The Mod.Gen project team
NPC's: Shinbaloonba, TheBearBridge

<\\Title Screen/Menu//>
Sprites: TheBearBridge, Sonic Team
Music: Sonic Team

<\\Cutscenes//>
Sprites/Art: TheBearBridge, Sonic Team
Music: Sonic Team

<\\Waterfall Capital zone//>
Sprite art: TheBearBridge, Sonic Team
Black Bull sprite: Cylent-Nite
Act 1/2 music: MaxieDaMan
Boss music: Bboynoe

<\\Windy Woods zone//>
Sprite art: TheBearBridge, Sonic Team, Capcom
Act 1/2 music: Sonic Team
Boss music: Konami

<\\Freaky Funfair zone//>
Sprite art: TheBearBridge, Sonic Team
Act 1 music: Lucasfilm (John Williams)
Act 2 music: TT games
Boss music: Jahn Davis

<\\Sound effects/Voice clips//>
Sonic Team
Lakefeperd

<\\Fonts//>
“Sonic Worlds Delta Font”: Techokami
“Doom Font”: TheBearBridge
<\\Special Thanks//>
Lakefeperd
Sonic Team
Bennascar
Akurio64
And you!
Reactions: sanic da heg

Comments

Ok so,
Level design has 2 main issues to me, some level gimmicks are quite annoying like the crabmeat-like enemies, the water that pushes you down and the fans that hurt you, and the collision on a lot of terrain is annoying to deal with like the buildings in the first zone because of the round roofs and how many platforms you have to jump through in some situations, and the stalls in the final zone which you have to awkwardly jump though to get by. outside these annoyances the level design is fine enough.

Egg Kraken is a really cool boss but the one for the second zone is really annoying to play it is easy to misinput a dropdash when wanting to jump and the missiles are really annoying to deal with, fire music tho, and other bosses are kinda whatever

Much shorter points
Level theming is really good I really like the second zone especially.
UI is visually great but a small nit-pick is that the box the life count is in should be a lot smaller
I had a glitch where i died in the metal sonic fight in the chase section and i just didnt respawn

Overall i think this demo is kinda rough but also it is a first demo so thats to be expected, if the project continues i can see it becoming great so please do continue working on it

Ok so,
Level design has 2 main issues to me, some level gimmicks are quite annoying like the crabmeat-like enemies, the water that pushes you down and the fans that hurt you, and the collision on a lot of terrain is annoying to deal with like the buildings in the first zone because of the round roofs and how many platforms you have to jump through in some situations, and the stalls in the final zone which you have to awkwardly jump though to get by. outside these annoyances the level design is fine enough.

Egg Kraken is a really cool boss but the one for the second zone is really annoying to play it is easy to misinput a dropdash when wanting to jump and the missiles are really annoying to deal with, fire music tho, and other bosses are kinda whatever

Much shorter points
Level theming is really good I really like the second zone especially.
UI is visually great but a small nit-pick is that the box the life count is in should be a lot smaller
I had a glitch where i died in the metal sonic fight in the chase section and i just didnt respawn

Overall i think this demo is kinda rough but also it is a first demo so thats to be expected, if the project continues i can see it becoming great so please do continue working on it
Thanks for the feedback! I will try and fix these problems in the future.

I haven't played the game yet, but the presence of Black Doom alone (my favourite Sonic character) attracted me to your project, up to the point of me thinking about contributing to it in some way.

Hey Man
I love this fangame

If Shadow was in Sonic Spectre as a Playable Character
I was gonna add him at first but then I would have to play test the game more times, add alot to the save system. change his sprites and muuuuch more. And I just don't have the time for that. So sorry but he won't be playable.

I played the game. I did enjoy it, and bosses are promising, but I encountered a softlock when I died to Metal Sonic phase 2.

Also, to be frank, graphics (especially the Black Arms) would need good polish. I have experience with pixel art, would like to volunteer if you're up for that.

Item information

Added by
TheBearBridge
Views
Comments
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games

More from TheBearBridge

Share this item