don't click here

Sonic Mania Heroes (Preview Build)

Project Overview

Sonic Mania Heroes is a Mania modification aiming to alter the gameplay of Sonic Mania, being a bit closer to Sonic Heroes.
The game stays unchanged for the most part, except for the gameplay.

In Sonic Mania Heroes, you have the possibility to create any team of 3 characters with the 5 available. (Sonic Mania Plus is highly recommended for this to work properly due to Mighty & Ray).

You'll also need to play either using a keyboard or an Xbox 360 controller !
Both "C" and "Z" unused buttons in Mania are used for this mod.
(they can be remapped for Keyboard user via Mania's dev menu or simply mapped for LB and RB respectively on a 360 Controller via the mod)

In the menus, "C"/LB will changes the cursor's position while "Z"/RB will changes the character selected.
During gameplay, when all 3 characters are crouching, press the "Super Transform" button or "Z"/RB to swap characters.
Looking up and pressing the same button will teleports your partners to your X/Y coordinates. (unless a character is currently flying in).

Screenshots and media!

Bonus Content

Notes :
  • Playing as Sonic / Mighty / Ray will change the act clear jingle to a remix of SegaSonic's.
  • Same with a team made of Knuckles / Knuckles / Knuckles.
  • You cannot swap characters when in a "Super" state.
  • Considering the current Mania modding state, several issues may happen.
  • All 3 characters can be controlled by players.

Credits

Credits :
  • LJSTAR: Developer, custom switching mechanics, custom assets & coding.
  • SuperSonic16: Co-developer, custom sprite rendering in the Save Select, optimized several parts of the code and wrote most of the structures.
  • Matter: New act clear jingles for Sonic/Mighty/Ray and Knux/Knux/Knux teams respectively.
  • CodenameGamma: For his discoveries in Mania's RAM. (The script that allows to have 3 characters in Mania Mode notably).

Latest reviews

so I downloaded the mod and I can only spectate the game I assume that's why the title is "preview build" but I feel kinda disappointed I cant even use the mod so it would be nice if someone could tell me what is going on
Sonic Fan Page

Comments

So, I can't play this. Mainly bc. the only available menu option is Mania Mode (probably on purpose) and I cannot choose Sonic + Mighty + Ray on the save select screen. On top of that, despite the fact I have set the "C" and "Z" buttons to my keyboard, I cannot switch between ANY of the characters.

Yes, I DO have the latest version of Mania Plus

Yes, I DO have the latest version of the Mod Loader

Yes, I can play unoriginal space shooter, but not this.

So, I can't play this. Mainly bc. the only available menu option is Mania Mode (probably on purpose) and I cannot choose Sonic + Mighty + Ray on the save select screen. On top of that, despite the fact I have set the "C" and "Z" buttons to my keyboard, I cannot switch between ANY of the characters.

This is pretty strange, were all characters crouching when you pressed Y or Z ?
Also, C and Z on the save select menu allows you to change the characters, one changes the cursor, the other one changes character where the cursor is

Thank you, now it works. These controls need to be better communicated next time (or i havent read the entire thing lel)

When i put the mod in the mods folder and activate it on the Mania Loader, it says "Sonic Mania Heroes: not a valid file"
Please help and HOW COME PEOPLE DON'T GET THIS ERROR? ;-;

Whenever I load the Mod in the Modloader it's saying that "The following mods didn't load correctly: Sonic Mania Heroes: Not a valid mod file. Even though I put the mod in the "Mods" folder so is there any reason why I've gotten this warning?

Whenever I load the Mod in the Modloader it's saying that "The following mods didn't load correctly: Sonic Mania Heroes: Not a valid mod file. Even though I put the mod in the "Mods" folder so is there any reason why I've gotten this warning?
https://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/9832

So I downloaded the mod and I have Sonic Mania and SM Mod Loader at latest version but...

Can someone help me ?

Item information

Added by
LJSTAR
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads

More in SAGE 2018 [Archive]