don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Super Mario: All-Star Attack!

General Information

PROLOGUE:

Oh my!

Bowser has stolen the All-Star from Star Haven, and Wanda, one of the sprixies, has came down from her home to warn the Mario Bros. that the entire Mushroom World is in grave danger, and it is up to them to thwart Bowser's plans before the land is warped by his jurisdiction!

ABOUT:

This project was started by a user known as ~CaMtEnDo~ on October 31st, 2009, being formerly known as Super Mario World: All-Star Edition. The project, after being given to me in 2015, has slowly been working its way towards completion. This project combines the elements of all the classic Super Mario games, stirs it up some, some more, and adds its own tastes in the Mario universe, spawning this game to life. Play as Mario, Luigi and Toad, Peach, and Wario (and then some) as you pass through ten worlds of Koopa clashing madness!
You may also change the graphics and music in the external files to your liking, thanks to the magic of externalized assets! Fortunately there are some custom skins, and a alternate sound pack, for the game already, albeit a few.

HOW TO DOWNLOAD:

Be sure that you download both WinRAR files as they must be extracted in the same folder in order for you to play the fan-game properly. Without the "SMASA - Externals", the game won't load properly and you will receive an error the moment the game loads due to missing DLLs and assets.

As a bonus, here is a more immediate link to download a skin for Sonic in the game, changing him to be his more modern form. Credits to Neweegee for the skin!

Modern Sonic Skin
Reactions: Ice

Comments

Quick nitpick, but why didn't you just had the files already set up instead of having us download the externals and doing it ourselves? Not very convenient for someone that just wanna play and go.

Quick nitpick, but why didn't you just had the files already set up instead of having us download the externals and doing it ourselves? Not very convenient for someone that just wanna play and go.
Because this game is still in development. We decided to take the approach of separating the .exe so that in case the game is in need of a quick hotfix, folks like myself doesn't need to unnecessarily upload over 150 MB of data just for a teensy error. Your suggested method poses as a waste of time and very inconvenient, on my part.

Because this game is still in development. We decided to take the approach of separating the .exe so that in case the game is in need of a quick hotfix, folks like myself doesn't need to unnecessarily upload over 150 MB of data just for a teensy error. Your suggested method poses as a waste of time and very inconvenient, on my part.
Also Where The Heck Do I Put The Modern Sonic Skin That I Downloaded

I haven't played the entire demo, but I really liked what was there so far. I suggest looking into doing some sound balancing work, though. Some sounds, like Mario's voice clips, were real loud, while others like the jumping sound were incredibly quiet.

I REALLY like what you have going with this game (huge SMB2/Wario and ofc Sonic fan) but I got to Minus World by accident and I want to ****ing leave :emoji_sob::emoji_sob::emoji_sob: the underwater sinkholes are completely unfair. I move forward and spam jump, I die. I stay still spamming jump, I die. I try coming in high from the left and spamjumping to make it across the chasm, I ****ing die. It feels broken! I already hated SMB1 style levels but hours of dying to this killed the really good time I was having with this.

Pls allow alt+f4 to quit and ctrl+alt to fullscreen also.

I haven't played the entire demo, but I really liked what was there so far. I suggest looking into doing some sound balancing work, though. Some sounds, like Mario's voice clips, were real loud, while others like the jumping sound were incredibly quiet.
Sound balancing is honestly not really mandatory. If I want to go for extra polish, I'll consider it, but ultimately it isn't necessary.

I REALLY like what you have going with this game (huge SMB2/Wario and ofc Sonic fan) but I got to Minus World by accident and I want to ****ing leave :emoji_sob::emoji_sob::emoji_sob: the underwater sinkholes are completely unfair. I move forward and spam jump, I die. I stay still spamming jump, I die. I try coming in high from the left and spamjumping to make it across the chasm, I ****ing die. It feels broken! I already hated SMB1 style levels but hours of dying to this killed the really good time I was having with this.

Pls allow alt+f4 to quit and ctrl+alt to fullscreen also.
No and no.
Also, you just need to hold the UP button when you're swimming over a chasm. The Minus World is literally an accursed world, so it is meant to be difficult.

And isn't there a way to restore my data from the previous version to this one?
No. If you were a part of the Discord server where ASA's mainly hosted, players who were playing the game previously received a warning that old save files (before Version 0.8) will not be compatible with this version.

I'm stuck in -1-4 of the the white section (idk what else to call it) in the minus world, where the fuck do I go

Attachments

Last edited:
I'm stuck in -1-4 of the the white section (idk what else to call it) in the minus world, where the fuck do I go
Look at World 8-2 from the Lost Levels as a referential point in how to better progress through the level, as the first section of this level is based off of that.

From this point moving forward I will no longer be answering questions regarding the demo in this comment thread. If you have questions just come in the Discord server! You can find it in the O.P.

No and no.
Also, you just need to hold the UP button when you're swimming over a chasm. The Minus World is literally an accursed world, so it is meant to be difficult.
i feel so dumb, ttly forgot about holding up while swimming. self inflicted injury.

also after I quit subcon and went back to toad town the graphics all glitched out and a lot of the background/character sprites disappeared. Avoiding the accursed levels and I looove the game, amazing work.

I have the problem with screen. It's always very small and how do i put the game on fullscreen? Please reply if you know how to fix this.

so i don't know what to do i saw the directions on were to put stuff in which folder but it keeps saying
for object obj_cutsceneplayer:

Trying to execute non-existing file.

and i don't know what to do i cant play the game but from peoples videos it sounds fun i hope you go far on this project

Question. Is there a way to change the games resolution? Because it starts off really small and I can't change it.

Item information

Added by
Mikeystar
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Fan Games

More from Mikeystar

Share this item