don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Complete Sonic and the Fallen Star

General Information

Sonic and the Fallen Star is a 2D classic Sonic game featuring : 9 zones, in-game cutscenes, and an original soundtrack. Play as either Sonic or Tails to take down Dr. Robotnik's evil plans and gather the pieces of the Mystic Star.

SAGEText1.png

Sonic the Hedgehog
-Drop Dash ( Press A while in the air )
-Super Peelout ( Press A while holding UP )

Miles "Tails" Prower
-Flight (Press A while in the air )
-Flight Cancel ( Press B while flying )

Both characters can curl up after bouncing on a spring ( Press A while in the air )

Time Attack Mode
Time Attack has been added, blast through the stages and beat your times.
( And a little extra if you beat the game with all the Chaos Emeralds )

SAGEScreenshots6.png

Choose between 2 OSTs
Pick tracks from both Hollie's and Hi.'s OSTs to be played in the game. Can be accessed in the Sound Test.

SAGEScreenshots5.png

SAGEText2.png

SAGEScreenshots1.png
SAGEScreenshots2.png
SAGEScreenshots3.png
SAGEScreenshots4.png

Latest reviews

great fangame i really had fun, and also can i make a type of sequel
A
Alexsterik
I agree, best fangame I've ever played side's Utopia.. But this one doesn't lag at all with my trashy aa- computer sooo.. yea. I ain't pickin' favourites tho >:)
the best sonic fangame ever need I say more.
🥶👌
Reactions: sanic da heg

Comments

Great game overall! Because critique is easy to give, here's some!

-Bubble blossom zone boss mechanics were weak.
-Special rings stages exits are dead ends, in which you are situated to backtrack every time to exit the area. It's sometimes a bit confusing.
-Impact sounds on bosses are faded by other background sounds and/or music + sometimes are absent it seems????
-Background elements are sometimes confusing with main foreground elements (jumping on object by instinct thinking you could land on it, but it turns out that they were actually just background)
-Difficulty scatters between bosses randomly, in which some bosses are way too easy or most of the time invulnerable.
-Related to above: Boss vulnerabilities are inconsistent. Maybe reward skill play to damage bosses?

Oh and btw, physics were perfect!

this game is 2 rare things, a finished sonic fangame, and a polished sonic fangame

there's plenty of minor gripes that could be made, but that's true of any 2d sonic game

this game is sure a certified sonic fangame classic, I love replaying it on PC and the only thing I think needs to happen is for it to become playable on all devices

It's really neat how all(?) the level graphics have little star motifs in them here and there, and it's interesting seeing level art that all feels a little more zoomed in, for lack of a better word, than traditional sonic art. Everything looks just a little bit bigger compared to Sonic than usual, and it's a nice consistent choice that really gives this game character. The art does have the trouble that the background parallax layers and the ground often use very similar colors, making things hard to parse/navigate, but a few more passes with a palette editor should fix that and then the rest of the cool art choices can shine without problem. And there are some cool level themes in here to be sure, the raspberry river and the sonic-themed city were standouts, and other zones had cool things like those very Mania-esque rollercoasters toward the end.

The gameplay is similar to the real games but not the same.... in particular, badniks seem very rare for most of the zones, and every single act seems to have multiple long almost-automated sections of running at top speeds through loops and springs. It makes for a more relaxed experience on some level, I guess, but also it's a bit much? Sometimes I just want to play the game for a little bit before being thrown into another spring. It's pretty okay. It's nice to just hang out with Sonic and run around sometimes. The train boss in particular was nice and memorable, and I liked how much the poles you hang from got used in the final zone.

The game is pretty neat.
The music is amazing, I just don't have words to describe it.
I liked how the fire and thunder shields have new abilities different than the original ones from S3K. Special Stages are pretty challenging and the level themes are great.

However, I couldn't get past the 3rd zone since the game was detected by my antivirus for some reason I cannot understand (???).

Without counting this minor issue, the game's definitely a 10/10.
Congratulations to everyone involved on this project!

Last edited:
that is the weirdest criticism ever, of course it's not made by sega these are fan games
He meant that it is beautifully made, but if it were made by SEGA it would a random and odd release no one asked for. Luckily it hasn't been released by SEGA and we can enjoy this masterpiece for free! Amazingly done Stardrop!

I love the game. The visual, animation, music, levels, history, cut-scenes...
Some bosses are stranges, not so cool... And some backgrounds confusing the gameplay. But it's small problems. It's a great game

Item information

Added by
StarDrop
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.92 star(s) 12 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games

Share this item