don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Complete Shadow's Ladder

General Information

What is real and what is not? Explore the mysterious island where Shadow the Hedgehog wakes up. Destroy the G.UN. robots, find the keys, open the doors, and prepare to face something darker and mystical.
Shadow's Ladder is experimental light horror game, influenced by old school games. This is an attempt to mix the 2D style of Sonic games with the dark atmosphere of Japanese horror games.

Download full game
Reactions: sailorkwii64

Latest reviews

SAGE 22 - Sonic Fan Game 16 out of 69 - Shadow's Ladder
An excellent blend of two genres.

I love this. Mix my favorite kind of horror, atmospheric horror, and take the platforming of the Classic Sonic games and you get this. Something that probably shouldn't mix too well, but somehow it works.

The controls are really accurate to Classic, to the point where the roll lock is even a thing (I know some people ain't gonna like that).
Now just because I said it mixed two genres doesn't mean the game favors both. It's more of a puzzle platformer horror game rather than focusing on the speedy nature of Sonic. So my advice is to take this game at a slower pace rather than rushing it.

I need to admit, I did not complete the game due to me getting stuck in the cavern with a QR code. I did scan it but did not know what to do afterward. Probably would have had to move on to the other Sonic fan games anyways since this is a complete game anyways. But I still wished the game had an easier hint system for players that are not familiar with puzzles like these, like me for example.

Overall, I loved this with the time I put into it. Will try to complete it someday. 👍
Last edited:
Game is scared me some times, but i like it sfx, art, and conception

Comments

Just as awesome as I remember, hell yeah. Some of the more cartoony aspects like the death animation and the red fireballs from the bombs dropped by the flying enemies do clash a bit with the tone, and dpad support is a must for any 2D platformer, but otherwise this is sick as hell! I love the Akira Yamaoka styled soundtrack, and I was NOT expecting multiple endings, nice work.

Though... the invisible timer needs to go. Collecting the red fruits in the outdoor segment with the pillars is when I first noticed it, and it sucks that you can just die if you don't go super fast. I assume this was made with like Sonic Worlds or something and you just forgot to turn off the TIME OVER function.

also

EDIT: The "pinball" boss is bullshit, it moves way too fast and it homes in on you to land way too quickly to react to

Last edited:
I really enjoyed this, but the final area is a little too hard. Also, the area with the lighthouse seems to have a bug with getting the key as well as opening the lighthouse door

I got stuck at the pinball fight because after it there isn't anything left to do. It's just empty if anyone would like to help me solve this then I would be greatly happy.

I thought that game was pretty awesome, but I died too many times because I wasn't exactly used to the controls. I'm stuck at this crystal cavern area where I needed to get that fourth crystal key that was behind the barrier thing. If only there was like a hint or a walkthrough, it would be nice. Other than that, I still love the game and I'll complete it once I figure some of the areas out.

I got stuck at the pinball fight because after it there isn't anything left to do. It's just empty if anyone would like to help me solve this then I would be greatly happy.
Did you find the solution to this one? I'm stuck at it and I can't seem to find anything at all.

someone enlighten me on whether the game got an update or smtg because i couldnt find the pinball boss even after finishing the game. any walkthrough or vid i watched had entirely different designs starting from the elevator sequence. i didnt get the part where Shadow sees the mural nor did i see Knuckles dead at the waterfall. as far as i know there's 3 endings, the easy way out, the glitch door at the crystal cave (that one was accidental, i didnt know what triggered it) and the normal ending in which i got on my first playthrough. but i got the chase sequence at the underwater lab and that black hedgehog boss fight. did i miss anything?

as far as i know there's 3 endings, the easy way out, the glitch door at the crystal cave (that one was accidental, i didnt know what triggered it) and the normal ending in which i got on my first playthrough.
Can you help me with those endings that you got? I'd like to get those once I'll manage to know what to do after the pinball boss.

Could do with a checkpoint before the pinball boss. and more feedback on if i'm actually doing damage. As is I thought it was the same deal as the drowning ending.

Item information

Added by
Andrex
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.50 star(s) 2 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games

More from Andrex