don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo Berserk Boy '23

General Information

WE'VE RELAUNCHED AND WE'RE BACK!

BERSERK BOY is a high speed action packed platformer, packed with vibrant and stylish pixel art. Go Berserk! as you change into different forms and use the power of Lightning, Fire, Ice, Air, and Earth to save the planet! With music by Sonic Mania composer Tee Lopes.

Kei, a young, inexperienced rookie, is transformed by mysterious Orb energy into BERSERK BOY! As the shadow of evil looms ever larger, Kei knows he must use his new powers to defeat Dr. Genos and save the planet. Because when all else fails, there is only one thing for it… GO BERSERK!

Coming soon to Steam
Reactions: Ice

Latest reviews

I'm impressed! This game has fun, flow, and exploration. It feels like a more brawler-y, speedy take along the lines of Mega Man ZX. I actually went back through several times to figure out how to improve my flow through the stages and explore to find more and more stuff. Some of it must've been hidden pretty well, because I couldn't find more than 90% of the rescues.

Definitely wanna see more of this in the future!
Great and fun game!
Reactions: Ice
K
KingJEA
Where is the Fire form from the last demo? when I finish the level, it says "Thanks for playing" but the previous demo had more content. Other than that, this is a great improvement and I wish you luck on the rest of development!

Comments

This is the first game I played this year (because it's near the start of the alphabet) and what a good way to start off. The home area is unnecessarily huge and could be replaced almost entirely with a simple menu, but everything else feels good, the levels do a solid job of moving in different directions but also allowing the player to keep moving forwards at all times. It would be nice to have more indication of when the boss is or isn't vulnerable than just a [!] box appearing. The different orb power sets look like they should be fun to play with. A good experience overall.

THIS IS FUN AS FUCK
Just, remove touch damage from enemies, or at least make their "can hurt the player" hitbox smaller than their "can take damage" hitbox. Since you're getting up close and personal with enemies and especially that spider boss, it's really easy to take damage RIGHT after you land a hit

Pretty good, however I think I might have come upon a bug. Playing on retro difficulty, I got a game over on the first stage, which logically sent me back to the start. Then I beat the stage without dying once. However, the end of level ranking still counted the deaths from before I got a game over and had to restart the stage. I assume this is a bug, because the next time I played through the stage, it said zero deaths like it should have.

Item information

Added by
BerserkBoy
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.67 star(s) 3 ratings

More in Original Games

Share this item